- What signal is Obama administration sending by selling more F-16 fighter jets to Pakistan?
- PM Narendra Modi inaugurates 'Make in India Week' in Mumbai
- JNU student leader held on ‘sedition’ charges over Afzal Guru event
- JNU arrests over Afzal Guru event are ill-judged, threatens basic rights
- Live updates from the David Headley deposition before Mumbai court
CLP meet on Lokpal today
Chandigarh:A emergency meeting of Congress MLAs has been summoned on Monday to discuss and debate the Lokpal's appointment. In a press statement, the party said the MLAs will also discuss the issues of "disrespect" shown to Congress MLA Kuljit Singh Nagra, "diversion of funds" to the chief minister's home district, "misappropriation" of border area development funds and the "ambivalent" approach of the Akali-BJP government in dealing with its corrupt ministers. The meeting will set the agenda for opposition's onslaught for the upcoming legislative session.
Punjab to set up paramedical council
Chandigarh:The government has decided to constitute a paramedical council to regulate the practices of paramedical practitioners and institutions in the state. The blue print of Punjab State Paramedical Council Act, 2012 has been uploaded on the website of the Medical Education and Research Department. While disclosing this here, Medical Education Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat said the department has has invited suggestions and objections, if any, from the parties concerned till November 25, 2012, so that judicious concerns may be incorporated in the act. He added that suggestions and objections could be sent on the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Khaira slams Sukhbir's corruption remarks