- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
CLP meet on Lokpal today
Chandigarh:A emergency meeting of Congress MLAs has been summoned on Monday to discuss and debate the Lokpal's appointment. In a press statement, the party said the MLAs will also discuss the issues of "disrespect" shown to Congress MLA Kuljit Singh Nagra, "diversion of funds" to the chief minister's home district, "misappropriation" of border area development funds and the "ambivalent" approach of the Akali-BJP government in dealing with its corrupt ministers. The meeting will set the agenda for opposition's onslaught for the upcoming legislative session.
Punjab to set up paramedical council
Chandigarh:The government has decided to constitute a paramedical council to regulate the practices of paramedical practitioners and institutions in the state. The blue print of Punjab State Paramedical Council Act, 2012 has been uploaded on the website of the Medical Education and Research Department. While disclosing this here, Medical Education Minister Chunni Lal Bhagat said the department has has invited suggestions and objections, if any, from the parties concerned till November 25, 2012, so that judicious concerns may be incorporated in the act. He added that suggestions and objections could be sent on the e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Khaira slams Sukhbir's corruption remarks
Jalandhar:Reacting to deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal's remarks that the Lokpal alone cannot fight corruption, former Congress MLA Sukhpal Singh Khaira on Sunday said the statements exposes Sukhbir's weak temperament to curb corruption. He further said the deputy CM had no faith in the institution and alleged that the government has found a pliable retired judge, closely related to the CM and one of his ministers, for the post.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express