- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
DEO office clerk suspended for graft
Nawanshahr:Punjab Education Minister Sikander Singh Maluka on Thursday recommended the suspension of Pawanjit Singh, a clerk in Nawanshahr district education office after receiving 14 affidavits levelling serious allegations of corruption against him. Maluka has sought a probe report within 15 days.
HDFC offers self employment package
Chandigarh:The HDFC Bank has chalked out a plan to facilitate self employment for economically weaker sections in in Punjab. Besides providing working capital support, the bank would also become partner in the progress of the venture, Dr Aditya Puri, managing director, HDFC Bank, told Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal on Thursday. In a statement Finance Minister Parminder Singh Dhindsa said that the bank has assured to provide employment to 70,000 families within three years.
More seats in govt medical colleges
Chandigarh:The Punjab government on Thursday decided to add another 100 seats of MBBS in each government medical college at Patiala and Amritsar from next year. Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, presiding over the 30th meeting of governing body of Punjab Institute of Medical Sciences (PIMS), Society, Jalandhar, also approved to to increase by 47 the seats in post graduation courses at Medical College, Patiala.
Cane price raised by up to Rs 20/quintal
Chandigarh:Punjab government Thursday hiked sugarcane price by upto Rs 20 per quintal for the crushing season 2012-13. The new price has been fixed at Rs 250 per quintal for early variety, Rs 240 per quintal for medium variety and Rs 235 per quintal for late variety. A decision to this effect was taken in a meeting of Sugarcane Control Board chaired by the Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal.
Kapurthala ASI arrested for graft
Kapurthala:A sub-inspector, incharge of Kala Sanghia police post, was arrested under the prevention of Corruption Act on the complaint of a resident of Sidhwan Dona village, who alleged that the ASI had charged Rs 3.80 lakh from him and also demanded Rs 50,000 more in an accident case involving his (complainant's) son. The matter was reported to senior officials and ASI Saravjit Singh was arrested.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties