- Tanzanian student was not stripped, paraded naked: K'taka Home Minister
- National Herald case: Sonia, Rahul Gandhi move SC challenging Delhi HC order
- Budget session of Parliament to begin on Feb 23; Jaitley hopeful of GST
- Suspended UP chief engineer Yadav Singh arrested, Congress, BJP say probe links
- Will stand by Pakistan if it acts on terror: Rajnath Singh
NRHM scam: HC summons CBI DIG
Lucknow:The Lucknow bench of Allahabad High Court on Friday summoned the CBI DIG and investigating officer (IO) in NRHM scam case on December 11, along with the case diaries.
The court issued the direction while hearing a petition which alleged that O P Parida, IO in the Lucknow NRHM scam case, was facing a departmental inquiry on corruption charges.
Ex-MLA expelled from Congress
Lucknow:Former MLA Brijendra Kumar Vyas alias Dam Dam Maharaj was on Friday expelled from the Congress for six years, following anti-party activities, by the party's disciplinary committee chairman Ramkrishan Dwivedi. Vyas had been indulging in anti-party activities for quite some time and there were newspaper reports in this regard every other day, Congress spokesperson Dwijendra Tripathi said.
Bar Council to weed out 'tainted' lawyers
Allahabad:The Allahabad High Court on Friday issued notice to the Bar Council of India seeking its views on how to weed out advocates who have a tainted background and were often involved in disturbing the working environment on the court campus. The next date of hearing is December 3 .
Youth's 'mystery' death in Dubai
Lucknow:Kushi Nagar native Ajeet Madeshia, who had gone to Dubai for work, died on November 17. But his family has received conflicting reports, one saying that he died in an accident and the other that he committed suicide. The family is now waiting for the body, which is expected to arrive on Monday, so that another post-mortem could be done to clear doubts.
11-yr-old boy hangs self for being scolded
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar
- ICDS, the primary scheme targeting malnutrition, needs to be broadened
- Rohith's death must focus attention on the rites of exclusion in the university
- Telescope: State in the bedroom
- The economy is best served by lowering interest rates and blocking protectionism