- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
Govt staff plan strike against promotion quota
Lucknow:Claiming that the central government was planning to introduce the bill for SC/ST quota for promotions in government jobs in the Rajya Sabha on Monday, Sarvajan Hitay Sanrakshan Samiti, a committee of government employees opposed to reservation, announced to observe a half-day strike and hold a protest outside Vidhan Sabha on Monday. According to a statement from the committee, the general and OBC category employees of state government will hold similar protests at all district headquarters, it said.
Woman shot dead after molestation bid
Lucknow:A 23-year-old youth shot dead his neighbour when she objected to his sexual advances on Saturday in Bareilly. Police said, on Saturday accused Pawan went to his neighbour Arti's house and tried to molest her. When Arti resisted, Pawan shot her. Faridpur Circle Officer Kaloo Singh said the victim suffered bullet injuries in the chest and the face. A hunt to trace Pawan has been launched.
NSA slapped on 2 for Faizabad violence
Lucknow:The Faizabad police have slapped National Security Act on two persons who were involved in the communal violence on October 24 in which one person died and many shops and houses were gutted.
They are Shobhit Kapoor and Saddu Qureshi, both now lodged in jail. Police said Kapoor was prima facie involved in the violence at Chowk area, while Qureshi is an accused in the murder case of one Durga Prasad, who was stabbed to death in Bhadarsa village.
BHU to honour Nepal President
Lucknow:The Banaras Hindu University will confer an honorary degree of Doctor of Letters to Nepal's President Dr Ram Baran Yadav in a special convocation ceremony on December 25. President Pranab Mukherjee will be the chief guest at the ceremony.
- Teacher at school in Rohini accused of molesting eight-year-old girl: Police
- In Sushma seat, BJP tweaks Modi slogan
- In Rampur, Azam Khan charm wanes
- In Sambhal, what matters more than Modi is a railway link
- Cong, BJP don’t favour polls, to wait for LS results
- Purandeswari to contest from Rajampet on a BJP ticket