- Elections 2014 LIVE: Election Commission sends notice to defiant Azam Khan over Kargil remark
- SC refrains from staying government move to include Jats in OBC category
- Its image dented, and spread too thin, Aam Aadmi Party struggles in Delhi
- Poll panel stares down Mamata
- Lok Sabha polls: Voting picks up in NE states; 40 per cent turnout in Manipur till noon
Man 'strangled' by cops in Kheri
Lucknow:A man was allegedly strangled by three policemen, including a sub-inspector, and another person after he was picked up from his house in Neemgaon area of Lakhimpur Kheri district on Thursday night. Kheri SP Dalvir Singh Yadav said the police team had gone to the victim's house after a complaint was lodged against his son. Not finding his son home, policemen picked him up. A murder case has been filed against the cops and other man, identified as Sanjay Verma of Neemgaon area.
Board exams to begin on March 12
Allahabad:The Class 10 and 12 examinations of the Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh (UP Board) will simultaneously commence on March 12. Over 62 lakh students have registered for the examinations. The board decided to hold the examinations after the Kumbh Mela gets over on March 10.
BSP demands security for parks, memorials
Lucknow:A Bahujan Samaj Party delegation on Friday met Governor B L Joshi and demanded "adequate" security for statues of Dalit leaders erected at memorials and parks in Lucknow and Noida. BSP leaders Naseemuddin Siddiqui and Swami Prasad Maurya submitted a memorandum to the governor saying that several statues of Dr B R Ambedkar had been desecrated in the state during SP rule.
Govt appoints heads of corporations
Lucknow:The state government on Friday appointed several persons in various boards and corporations. The list includes Abid Raza, MLA from Badaun, who was appointed chairman, National Integration Council. Sahib Singh Saini of Saharanpur was appointed chairman, Beej Pramarikaran Nigam. Narendra Bhati of Gautam Buddha Nagar was appointed chairman, UP Agro Corporation. Trader leader Surendra Mohan Agarwal was appointed chairman, UP Commercial Tax Advisory Committee. All four have been given cabinet minister rank.
- Walmart to launch 50 stores in big India push
- Poojary banking on ‘sympathy’ for Dakshina Kannada seat
- Solution to water woes key factor in Chikkaballapur
- Eying 85 pc turnout, election dept offers many sops
- Last day, last show: Parties flex muscles, try to connect with one & all
- From societies to slums, Adhalrao-Patil on the move