- India's naval might on full display off Visakhapatnam coast
- Kerala solar scam: Had freedom to enter Chandy’s house anytime, says Saritha Nair
- Australian national suspected to be IS supporter deported from Delhi airport
- At least 39 dead as Gujarat state transport bus plunges into river
- Cops have a case for new juvenile law: boy who ‘killed 2’
Man 'strangled' by cops in Kheri
Lucknow:A man was allegedly strangled by three policemen, including a sub-inspector, and another person after he was picked up from his house in Neemgaon area of Lakhimpur Kheri district on Thursday night. Kheri SP Dalvir Singh Yadav said the police team had gone to the victim's house after a complaint was lodged against his son. Not finding his son home, policemen picked him up. A murder case has been filed against the cops and other man, identified as Sanjay Verma of Neemgaon area.
Board exams to begin on March 12
Allahabad:The Class 10 and 12 examinations of the Board of High School and Intermediate Education, Uttar Pradesh (UP Board) will simultaneously commence on March 12. Over 62 lakh students have registered for the examinations. The board decided to hold the examinations after the Kumbh Mela gets over on March 10.
BSP demands security for parks, memorials
Lucknow:A Bahujan Samaj Party delegation on Friday met Governor B L Joshi and demanded "adequate" security for statues of Dalit leaders erected at memorials and parks in Lucknow and Noida. BSP leaders Naseemuddin Siddiqui and Swami Prasad Maurya submitted a memorandum to the governor saying that several statues of Dr B R Ambedkar had been desecrated in the state during SP rule.
Govt appoints heads of corporations
- No proof required: MGNREGA does not help poor
- Male-dominated ‘places of worship’ are places where god doesn’t reside
- As Sushma visits Lanka, India should invest its diplomatic capital in finding constitutional solution
- There is talk of 4th industrial revolution. How about spreading the benefits of the preceding three
- It Made China See Red
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2