- Elections 2014 LIVE: AAP leader Somnath Bharti thrashed by BJP supporters in Varanasi
- Stakes high for BJP, Congress as 11 states go to polls tomorrow; A Raja, Milind Deora in fray
- Arvind Kejriwal beats Narendra Modi in Time magazine's poll of most influential people
- Priyanka Vadra continues to target Modi, rakes up snoopgate issue
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, CSK vs RR: RR strike at regular intervals against CSK in IPL 7
EC announces bypoll in Deoria
Lucknow:The Election Commission on Friday announced the by-election to the Bhatpar Rani Assembly constituency in Deoria district which fell vacant on the death of Kameshwar Upadhyay, former minister for sports and youth welfare, in October. The notification of the election would be issued on January 30, the last date of filing nomination papers is February 6, scrutiny will be held on February 7, withdrawals will be allowed till February 9, polling will be on February 23 and the counting of votes will be held on February 28.
Five more die due to cold weather
Lucknow:Five people lost their lives due to the continuing cold wave in Uttar Pradesh in the past 24 hours, taking the toll this winter to 254. Three people were reported dead in Barabanki district and two in Jaunpur. Met office sources said weather would be mainly dry and shallow fog would prevail over a few places in the state. Ground frost would occur at isolated places during the next two nights, they added.
- Lalu Prasad hits out at BJP and VHP, says its leaders Giriraj Singh, Praveen Togadia are 'hate mongering'
- Gujarat model a big lie, BJP should clarify: Akhilesh
- Priyanka Vadra rakes up snooping row to target Narendra Modi
- 2,700 more Muzaffarnagar riots victims apply for relief
- Shazia Ilmi's 'communal muslims' remark: BJP hits out at Aam Aadmi Party
- Battle of Varanasi: Kejriwal tears into Rahul, Modi over 'helicopter democracy'