- Supreme Court slams Centre for not doing enough in 60 years to bring back black money
- Missing Malaysian Jetliner: New images show more than 100 objects that could be plane debris
- Top Indian Mujahideen operative Tehseen Akhtar sent to police custody till Apr 2
- Battleground Varanasi: Everything you want to know
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Narendra Modi over 'AK 49' remark
Lecturer held for harassing woman on train
Lucknow:A college lecturer has been arrested for allegedly sexually harassing a woman passenger on the Kashi Vishwanath Express. Rajan Vishwambhar, 30, who teaches Chemistry at a private college in Moradabad, was arrested Saturday night in Lucknow by the Government Railway Police following a complaint by a 25-year-old woman who was travelling in the same coach as he was, the police said. In her complaint the woman alleged that Vishwambhar passed vulgar comments at her and made indecent gestures as soon as she boarded the train from Varanasi.
Govt appoints science council chairman
lucknow:The state government has appointed SP general secretary Ram Asrey Kushwaha as chairman of the Science and Technology Council with cabinet minister's rank. The government has also appointed Devendra Gupta as vice-chairman of the UP New and Renewable Energy Development Agency with the rank of minister of state.
3 more deaths despite ease in cold
Lucknow:Despite slight respite from the intense cold as temperatures rose by a few notches, the number of deaths due to the harsh weather rose to 265 in UP as three more deaths were reported in the last 24 hours.
Man kills wife for bearing girl child
Azamgarh:A woman was allegedly hacked to death by her husband after she gave birth to their seventh daughter in Chandpatti village in Raunapar area, police said on Sunday.
Former BJP MLA, 3 others held for clash
Bareilly:Four persons including a former BJP MLA and student union president have been arrested after two rival groups clashed leading to stone pelting at Bahedi police station here, police said. SP leader Balmukund had a dispute with student union president of Ganna Utpadak Mahavidyalay Gajendra Singh during Swami Vivekanand Jayanti celebrations on Saturday. The SP leader alleged he was beaten by Singh. Later, Singh and some others were detained by police and former BJP MLA Chhatrapal Singh reached the police station to settle the matter. Supporters of both leaders resorted to stone pelting when police tried to disperse them.
- Delhi confidential: Seat selection
- Rajnath’s 3-day Lucknow tour begins today
- MP with most criminal cases ages slowly in Jharkhand
- Guru who filed case against Ramdev gets Congress ticket
- Now, Ram Vilas Vedanti threatens to rebel ‘if Rajnath refuses ticket’
- Mamata hits back: ‘Those who don’t know poverty are talking big’