- 'Narendra Modi's bad cop': The Amit Shah you didn’t know
- Hollande in India: Counter-terrorism, space, energy on the table
- Pathankot attack: India has given fresh evidence, we will verify it, says Nawaz Sharif
- Tamil Nadu: Three suicides over fees but no rooms, teachers in medical college
- If I see a wall, I will scale it or if needed, break it: Tassaduq Hussain Mufti
State to seek opinion on bird park near airport
Pune:The Maharashtra government will seek experts' opinion to redefine the area of Karnala bird sanctuary, which is marginally overlapping the land allotted for the proposed Navi Mumbai airport. "The sanctuary space is an eco-sensitive zone, overlapped (by about half-a-kilometre) towards one end of the new airport, which stretches upto a distance of 10 km," Chief Minister Prithviraj Chavan told reporters here on Thursday.
Devotee donates gold pot to Saibaba shrine
Shirdi:A devotee on Thursday donated a pot made of one kg gold at the Saibaba temple here, Shri Saibaba Sansthan trust sources said. The devotee, who had come from New Delhi, donated the one-kg gold pot worth Rs 32 lakh before the shrine during the morning 'aarti' Thursday, they said. Earlier this month, a Mumbai-based devotee had donated an 'aarti' lamp made of half kg gold at the temple, sources said.
Highway mishaps leave seven dead
- Activists cry for Rohith but do they ever fight for true empowerment of Dalits?
- More university campuses must put an end to the ways in which casteism operates
- How four National Voters’ Days added the equivalent of 20 Finlands to voter rolls
- Countering rising pollution, endemic, is best done via solutions ground-up
- PM has a bold vision for defence reform. Can his defence minister deliver?
- Across the aisle: 'My birth is my fatal accident'