- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
College administrator booked for threatening students
Beed:A private college administrator has been booked for allegedly threatening students, police said Friday. First-year BDS students of Aditya Dental College in Beed district had complained to Mumbai NGO Forum for Fairness in Education that the college did not have basic facilities such as lights, fans in classrooms and laboratories. Police said college administrator Aditi Sarda allegedly threatened the complaining students and was booked under IPC sections 343 (wrongful confinement for three or more days), 504 (intentional insult with intent to provoke breach of peace), 506 (punishment for criminal intimidation) and 509 (word, gesture or act intended to insult). Sarda termed the allegations "baseless". "Those who want to study, can come," she said. "The truth will later come to light." On January 15, the students had staged a dharna at Azad Maidan in Mumbai alleging the college authorities were harassing and threatening them with dire consequences.
HC commutes death penalty of murder accused
Nagpur:The Nagpur bench of Bombay High Court has commuted the death sentence of a 38-year-old man, who killed his wife and a teenaged daughter in April 2011, to life imprisonment for 30 years. Penury drove Prakash Shinganapure to stab wife Pranita 62 times and 13-year-old daughter Shreya 45 times with a knife. He also inflicted 20 injuries on himself.