- LIVE: ISI supports LeT, JeM and Hizbul, David Headley tells court
- J&K govt formation: Ram Madhav to hold talks with Mehbooba Mufti to break impasse
- Soldier, who survived Siachen avalanche, being flown to Delhi hospital
- DDCA row: Delhi HC dismisses Kirti Azad's plea seeking court-monitored probe
- Net bad assets of govt banks a third of their net worth
Cong calls 12-hour bandh on Feb 13
Kolkata:A 12-hour statewide bandh has been called by the Congress party on February 13 to protest lodging of "false cases" against party workers and Union minister Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in connection with the violence at the district magistrate's residence of Murshidabad on February 7.
"Congress workers are being slapped with false cases in Murshidabad district since this is where the party has its best organisation in the state and police are working for the ruling Trinamool Congress. The bandh is against it," the Union Minister of State for Railways said.
3 Maoist 'arms suppliers' held
Kolkata:Three alleged arms supplier, who used to sell arms and ammunition to the Maoists in Jharkhand, were arrested here on Sunday. Billu, Bala and Ala Baa were arrested from Chandni Chowk area by Kolkata Police Special Task Force (STF). All the three are residents of Bagnan area in Howrah. "We have arrested the three arms suppliers. They used to sell ammunition and IED to the Maoists of Jharkhand," said STF chief Rajiv Mishra said. Police said they recovered two fire arms with live cartridges and assembled parts appearing to be used to make IED from the trio.
Patients fast against bad food
Krishnagar:Some of the patients at Kalyani ESI Hospital in Nadia district observed a token hunger strike on Sunday to protest against alleged low quality diet and ill behaviour of some doctors and nurses.
The agitating patients said they have decided not to take food before dinner today. Subhendu Ghosh, a patient, said: "The food served to us is unworthy even for a dog. We have asked the authorities to test it."
- Government must resolve growing burden of non-performing assets
- Outrage over police assault on students is meaningless
- Right to a toilet: For the health, dignity and safety of women in slums
- Raja-Mandala: Maritime India versus Continental Delhi
- The Akhilesh-Mulayam duet
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress