- Narendra Modi new talking point in Tamil Nadu, but few say they will vote for him
- 78 pc turnout, but few can show ink mark
- Giriraj Singh stands by his Pak remark; BJP dissociates itself from him
- Pratapgarh Dalits angry with Mayawati, Muslims feel âunsafeâ
- RSS appeal to âmajorityâ: Vote or become history
Cong calls 12-hour bandh on Feb 13
Kolkata:A 12-hour statewide bandh has been called by the Congress party on February 13 to protest lodging of "false cases" against party workers and Union minister Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in connection with the violence at the district magistrate's residence of Murshidabad on February 7.
"Congress workers are being slapped with false cases in Murshidabad district since this is where the party has its best organisation in the state and police are working for the ruling Trinamool Congress. The bandh is against it," the Union Minister of State for Railways said.
3 Maoist 'arms suppliers' held
Kolkata:Three alleged arms supplier, who used to sell arms and ammunition to the Maoists in Jharkhand, were arrested here on Sunday. Billu, Bala and Ala Baa were arrested from Chandni Chowk area by Kolkata Police Special Task Force (STF). All the three are residents of Bagnan area in Howrah. "We have arrested the three arms suppliers. They used to sell ammunition and IED to the Maoists of Jharkhand," said STF chief Rajiv Mishra said. Police said they recovered two fire arms with live cartridges and assembled parts appearing to be used to make IED from the trio.
Patients fast against bad food
Krishnagar:Some of the patients at Kalyani ESI Hospital in Nadia district observed a token hunger strike on Sunday to protest against alleged low quality diet and ill behaviour of some doctors and nurses.
The agitating patients said they have decided not to take food before dinner today. Subhendu Ghosh, a patient, said: "The food served to us is unworthy even for a dog. We have asked the authorities to test it."
Amitava Saha, the hospital superintendent, said he had not received any written complaint "but will look into the allegation of low quality food."
- 21-year-old dies in road mishap, one injured
- Ask Badals where is Ludhiana Metro: Bhattal to locals
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota