- All attempts being made to free soldier in Pakistan captivity: Rajnath Singh
- SC cancels Mohammad Shahabuddin's bail, orders police to take him into custody
- Congress and I stand by PM Narendra Modi: Rahul Gandhi on surgical strikes
- Bihar liquor ban: Patna HC strikes down govt's prohibition law, terms it 'illegal'
- LIVE: PM Modi calls second Cabinet Committee on Security meet
Cong calls 12-hour bandh on Feb 13
Kolkata:A 12-hour statewide bandh has been called by the Congress party on February 13 to protest lodging of "false cases" against party workers and Union minister Adhir Ranjan Chowdhury in connection with the violence at the district magistrate's residence of Murshidabad on February 7.
"Congress workers are being slapped with false cases in Murshidabad district since this is where the party has its best organisation in the state and police are working for the ruling Trinamool Congress. The bandh is against it," the Union Minister of State for Railways said.
3 Maoist 'arms suppliers' held
Kolkata:Three alleged arms supplier, who used to sell arms and ammunition to the Maoists in Jharkhand, were arrested here on Sunday. Billu, Bala and Ala Baa were arrested from Chandni Chowk area by Kolkata Police Special Task Force (STF). All the three are residents of Bagnan area in Howrah. "We have arrested the three arms suppliers. They used to sell ammunition and IED to the Maoists of Jharkhand," said STF chief Rajiv Mishra said. Police said they recovered two fire arms with live cartridges and assembled parts appearing to be used to make IED from the trio.
Patients fast against bad food
Krishnagar:Some of the patients at Kalyani ESI Hospital in Nadia district observed a token hunger strike on Sunday to protest against alleged low quality diet and ill behaviour of some doctors and nurses.
The agitating patients said they have decided not to take food before dinner today. Subhendu Ghosh, a patient, said: "The food served to us is unworthy even for a dog. We have asked the authorities to test it."
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- Let’s not allow debate about what it means to be Indian to be held hostage to jingoists and bigots
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment