- His hands tied, PM surrendered to Sonia: ex-media adviserâs book
- How can Modi honour women if he canât mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Mewat simmers after poll clash, killing of Muslim youth
- After rare skull surgery at AIIMS, twins from Kerala look like each other
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Rahul Gandhi to file nomination papers from Amethi today
Three children charred to death in Shirdi village
Shirdi:Three siblings were charred to death when their hutment caught fire at a village here early on Monday, police said.
The fire erupted in the hutment of Dadasaheb Tukaram Vidhate at Nandurkhi village near Shirdi around 1.30 am, which claimed the lives of his three children Akash (14), Manisha (12) and Vikas (10), said Inspector Datta Pawar. Dadasaheb sustained burns too while trying to douse the flames and has been admitted to hospital. The fire reportedly spread from an earthen lamp.
Mining engineers' national meet in Nagpur from today
Nagpur:Mining engineers from across the country will hold discussions on environmental and allied issues at a national conference starting here on Tuesday. Mining Engineers Association of India's local chapter, with support from the Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM), is hosting the three-day conference here on 'Challenges in 21st century mining - environment and allied issues' to discuss threadbare impact of mining activities on pollution of air, water, land, soil quality, biodiversity, including forest eco-system, and human health. Tata Steel MD H M Nerurkar will inaugurate the conference to be attended by over 250 delegates.
- Under attack over rape remark, SP chief Mulayam Yadav blames media
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit