- Yeddyurappa among 52 Bharatiya Janata Party candidates for Lok Sabha polls
- Malaysia Airlines plane with 5 Indians onboard missing, presumed crashed off Vietnam coast
- No compromise with live-ins or gay rights, moral values supreme: RSS
- Ink attack on AAP leader Yogendra Yadav at Jantar Mantar
- RSP quits LDF, to go alone in Lok Sabha elections
Three children charred to death in Shirdi village
Shirdi:Three siblings were charred to death when their hutment caught fire at a village here early on Monday, police said.
The fire erupted in the hutment of Dadasaheb Tukaram Vidhate at Nandurkhi village near Shirdi around 1.30 am, which claimed the lives of his three children Akash (14), Manisha (12) and Vikas (10), said Inspector Datta Pawar. Dadasaheb sustained burns too while trying to douse the flames and has been admitted to hospital. The fire reportedly spread from an earthen lamp.
Mining engineers' national meet in Nagpur from today
Nagpur:Mining engineers from across the country will hold discussions on environmental and allied issues at a national conference starting here on Tuesday. Mining Engineers Association of India's local chapter, with support from the Indian Bureau of Mines (IBM), is hosting the three-day conference here on 'Challenges in 21st century mining - environment and allied issues' to discuss threadbare impact of mining activities on pollution of air, water, land, soil quality, biodiversity, including forest eco-system, and human health. Tata Steel MD H M Nerurkar will inaugurate the conference to be attended by over 250 delegates.
- Chai pe Charcha gets police protection, EC officials to check on poll norm violation
- Complaint against Kejriwal: Kutch cops gather evidence
- AAP chief to hold first public meeting in Gujarat today
- Nominations for North Bangalore primary begin
- ‘Our campaigning in the state will be out of the box’
- ‘Aai Retire Hotey’ to take the stage for 100th time today