Briefly World: Assange to address public on Dec 20
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7 Live Cricket Score, KXIP vs SRH: KXIP beat SRH by 72 runs
Assange to address public on Dec 20
London: WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange will mark six months holed up at the Ecuadorian embassy in London Thursday with a public speech, the whistleblower website announced Sunday. WikiLeaks released a Twitter message reading: "London, Thursday December 20, 7PM: Julian Assange to address the crowd in front of the Ecuadorian Embassy, marking six months of his asylum."
Syrian jets kill 25 in Damascus
BEIRUT: Syrian fighter jets bombed the Palestinian Yarmouk camp in Damascus on Sunday, killing at least 25 people sheltering in a mosque in an area where Syrian rebels have been trying to advance into the capital, opposition activists said.
Public called to review British press code
London: Five lay people will be invited to take part in a review of the British newspapers' code of practice in the wake of the damning Leveson report into press ethics. Currently the Editors' Code of Practice Committee consists of 13 editors, but five lay people will join it to review the code.
Chavez 'recovery' continues
CARACAS: Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez has recovered "full intellectual capacity" after a six-hour cancer operation in Cuba this week, an official said on Saturday, but offered few details on his physical condition. Science and Technology Minister Jorge Arreaza, said in a phone call from Havana broadcast over state television that Chavez was continuing to recover.
- Five months after gruesome ATM attack, accused still at large
- Ex-syndicate member of Bangalore University held in marks-for-cash scam
- Accused get bail as police fail to file chargesheet
- ‘Naxals collected info on trucks carrying explosives from Khadki to Ahmednagar’
- A tale of two villages: Ramayan and Mahabharat
- UP CM tears into Modi bastion on first visit to Gujarat, says Third Front ready