Briefly World: Chavez postpones swearing-in
- India’s surgical strikes along LoC show intent to act strongly against terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls up Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror'
- PM Modi holds Cabinet Committee on Security meeting; Rajnath, Jaitley, Doval present
- Narendra Modi's review meet on MFN status to Pak postponed to next week
- Day after sharing terror information with Pakistan, NIA revises details
Chavez postpones swearing-in
CARACAS: Venezuela will postpone the inauguration of President Hugo Chavez for a new term due to health problems, the government said on Tuesday. "The commander president wants us to inform that the post-operative recovery should extend past January 10. As a result, he will not be able to be present at the National Assembly," said Vice President Nicolas Maduro.
Pak: 5 held for killing women polio workers
Karachi: Pakistani police said they arrested five alleged Taliban suspects Wednesday on suspicion of killing women polio vaccinators and plotting to attack Karachi airport. "We have arrested five men from Ittehad Town in Karachi's west who were involved in killing four out of five female health workers in Karachi last month," senior police official Ghulam Shabbir Shaikh said.
Obama to pick Lew as next treasury chief
- The emergence of Akhilesh Yadav as a popular leader is an indicator of the same-old in the SP
- Poverty caused by expenditure on health has doubled in India in the past 15 years
- India’s aggressive response to Nawaz Sharif’s lies at the UN was a clear indicator of the things to come
- People, policymakers can be led by subtly influencing their choice architecture
- Edit - Defining moment
- Edit - Come clean