Briefly World: China sacks official over sex-tape shots on web
- Bihar: School director dies after mob assault over death of two students
- PM spoke about Rakhi, but neglected Muslims during 'Ramzan': Congress
- Watch video: CCTV captures Mumbai local ramming into station
- Another Vyapam scam accused dies; 24th death in the case
- Sushma's Ministry declines info under RTI on Lalit Modi's passport issue
China sacks official over sex-tape shots on web
SHANGHAI: China sacked Lei Zhengfu, a district party chief in Chongqing, Friday after images of him having sex with his mistress were splashed across microblog websites. Screenshots from the video first appeared on Sina Corp's Weibo site. An investigation by the party confirmed it was him in the video, state-run Xinhua agency said.
Congo fires army chief over Goma seizure
GOMA: Congo President Joseph Kabila said he was immediately suspending the chief of staff of Congo's army following the publication of a United Nations report, which alleges that Gen. Gabriel Amisi has overseen a criminal network selling arms to rebel groups.
Truce hits israel Pm support, still set for poll win
JERUSALEM: Discontent over the ceasefire Benjamin Netanyahu struck with Hamas in Gaza has cost the Israeli prime minister support but he should still win a January 22 election, an opinion poll showed Friday. Maariv newspaper conducted the survey after an eight-day Israeli offensive against Palestinian militants in the Gaza Strip ended Wednesday with an Egyptian-mediated truce that Netanyahu's critics said was premature. The survey said the party would take 37 of the 120 parliamentary seats on Jan 22.