Briefly World: Fifth suspect nabbed in Daniel Pearl murder case
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Narendra Modi slams Jayanti Natarajan; polling underway in 12 states
- Admiral Dhowan appointed as new Navy chief
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Elections 2014 Phase 5: The five big battles
Fifth suspect nabbed in Daniel Pearl murder case
KARACHI: Pakistan police has arrested a fifth accused in the murder in Wall Street Journal journalist Daniel Pearl who was abducted and killed in 2002. Syed Hashim was arrested in Karachi a few months back but was produced before an anti-terrorism court for the first time on Sunday. Hashim was presented before ATC Judge Muhammad Javed Alam at the Central Jail Hyderabad because of security reasons, police officials said.
Journalist shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: A reporter of a TV news channel was shot and killed by unidentified gunmen in the restive Balochistan province of southwest Pakistan on Sunday, police said. Rehmatullah Abid, a reporter for Dunya News, was sitting at a barber's shop in Washbood area of Panjgur district when two gunmen riding a motorcycle fired at him. Abid succumbed to his injuries while being taken to hospital.
Six injured as police choppers collide in US
Altadena: Two police helicopters collided over a helipad, leaving five police officers and a civilian with minor injuries, officials said. The collision occurred when the rotator blades of a helicopter that was landing and one that was taking off touched, Lt Phlunte Riddle said. The injured were taken to hospitals for evaluation after the 4 pm collision in Altadena on Saturday. The weather was drizzly and cloudy at the time of the accident.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18