Briefly World: Former Italy PM Berlusconi gets engaged
Former Italy PM Berlusconi gets engaged
ROME: Former Italian premier Silvio Berlusconi has revealed he is engaged to a woman almost 50 years his junior. The 76-year-old media baron said Sunday his engagement to 28-year-old Francesca Pascale is "official".
Egypt opposition calls for protests against rigging
Cairo: Egypt's opposition Monday called for mass protests on Tuesday to denounce "irregularities and violations" in the first round of a referendum over a contentious draft constitution as rights groups demanded a re-poll after Islamists backing President Morsi claimed victory.
Danny Boyle turns down knighthood
London: Oscar-winning filmmaker Danny Boyle reportedly turned down a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth II for his role in this summer's Olympic games, reported Daily Telegraph.
Russia activists to draft violators' list for US
MOSCOW: Russian activists Monday said they would draft a list of the country's most flagrant human rights violators to help the United States identify individuals it could systematically deny US visas under a new law.
Depardieu gives up French passport
London: Life of Pi actor Gerard Depardieu is reportedly considering giving up his French citizenship after the prime minister criticised him for moving to Belgium to avoid taxes.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi