Briefly World: Iran detains more journalists over links with BBC
- Aamir Khan responds, says 'Proud to be Indian, stand by what I said'
- GST is in the interest of the nation, says PM Modi at all-party meet
- Rescued Russian pilot says no warning from Turkey before jet downed
- 'Suit boot ki sarkar' is failing because there are no jobs: Rahul Gandhi
- BJP strategy in Parliament: Aggression is the best form of defense
Iran detains more journalists over links with BBC
TEHRAN: Iran's official news agency reported that authorities arrested another group of local journalists accused of links with the BBC. The report by IRNA quotes a statement by the Intelligence Ministry. It did not say how many were detained.
France: Four held over extremist links
PARIS: French authorities detained four people Tuesday in a counter-terrorism operation targeting those suspected of trying to join Islamist extremists in Mali.
N Korea video shows US city under attack
Seoul: North Korea, poised to conduct a nuclear test any day now, posted a video on YouTube depicting a US city resembling New York engulfed in flames after an apparent missile attack. The footage was uploaded by official website Uriminzokkiri.
Chinese toddler killed in 'confrontation'
BEIJING: A Chinese toddler died after being run over by a van belonging to family planning officials engaged in a confrontation with his parents, the Xinhua news agency said on Tuesday, in a case that is likely to provoke public outrage. Eleven officials in Mayu were threatening to detain the 13-month-old boy's mother if she did not pay a fine for bearing an unauthorized third child.
Afghan troop report angers Lankan media
- Post 13/11 sloganeering at Antalya and Kuala Lumpur won’t be enough
- Can Parliament be insulated from the vagaries of the political climate?
- Telescope: Aamir and Chinese whispers
- What Manmohan Singh really think about the Planning Commission?
- Going solar
- Newspaper is supposed to expose corruption and injustice wherever it finds it