Briefly World: Kremlin to start evacuation of Russians from Syria
- Nitish trying to cheat Bihar, says Modi; CM replies PM disturbed with falling Sensex, GDP
- Manipur violence: Toll up to eight, three killed in police firing
- India script history, register first series win in Sri Lanka after 22 years
- Sheena, Mikhail my children, ready to undergo DNA test: Siddharth Das
- Market loses its nerve on weak GDP, Sensex tumbles 587 points
Kremlin to start evacuation of Russians from Syria
MOSCOW: The Russian government said it is sending two planes to Lebanon to evacuate Russians from Syria, the first such effort since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar Assad began in March 2011.
Berlusconi scandal verdict likely after vote
MILAN: Judges hearing ex-Premier Silvio Berlusconi's sex-for-hire trial put the date for the final hearing in March, indicating that the verdict could come after national elections on February 24-25.
Merkel's CDU loses key state election in Germany
BERLIN: German Chancellor Angela Merkel has suffered a setback as her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) was voted out of power in the state polls in Lower Saxony where the opposition alliance of SPD and Green Party has emerged victorious.
UK film director Michael Winner dies at 77: BBC