Briefly World: Kremlin to start evacuation of Russians from Syria
- Arvind Kejriwal hits back at Jung on cancelling secy appointments
- US releases documents recovered in raid that killed Osama bin Laden
- Al Qaeda describes 26/11 Mumbai attack as 'heroic Fidai', 'blessed' operation
- Key member of Modi's poll campaign team likely to work for Nitish Kumar
- Food inspectors order recall of Maggi noodles, say it contains excess lead
Kremlin to start evacuation of Russians from Syria
MOSCOW: The Russian government said it is sending two planes to Lebanon to evacuate Russians from Syria, the first such effort since the uprising against Syrian President Bashar Assad began in March 2011.
Berlusconi scandal verdict likely after vote
MILAN: Judges hearing ex-Premier Silvio Berlusconi's sex-for-hire trial put the date for the final hearing in March, indicating that the verdict could come after national elections on February 24-25.
Merkel's CDU loses key state election in Germany
BERLIN: German Chancellor Angela Merkel has suffered a setback as her Christian Democratic Union (CDU) was voted out of power in the state polls in Lower Saxony where the opposition alliance of SPD and Green Party has emerged victorious.
UK film director Michael Winner dies at 77: BBC
LONDON: British filmmaker Michael Winner, who directed Charles Bronson in the 1974 thriller Death Wish, has passed away aged 77, the BBC reported.