Briefly World: Lanka lawyers boycott courts
- Missing Naval officers on board INS Sindhuratna confirmed dead
- Admiral DK Joshi was disturbed, requested me to accept resignation: AK Antony
- Narendra Modi beats Rahul Gandhi in popularity, says US think tank
- Lok Sabha polls: For Paswan & son, Gujarat 2002 is history for 2014
- Rahul Gandhi slams Salman Khurshid over 'impotent' remark against Narendra Modi
Lanka lawyers boycott courts
COLOMBO: Sri Lankan lawyers boycotted courts Wednesday in protest against unfair impeachment moves against Chief Justice Shirani Bandaranayake. "Lawyers are staging a protest as the chief justice didn't get an impartial, just and fair trial," said Wijedasa Rajapaksa, president of the lawyers' Bar Association.
Pope tweets his first, a million follow
VATICAN CITY: Pope Benedict XVI hit the 1 million Twitter follower mark Wednesday as he sent his first tweet from his new account @Pontifex . "Dear friends, I am pleased to get in touch with you through Twitter. Thank you for your generous response. I bless all of you from my heart," his tweet read.
Can clone captured CIA drone, says Iran
TEHRAN: Iran is now capable of manufacturing its own copies of an advanced CIA spy drone captured last year, Iranian lawmaker Avaz Heidarpour said Wednesday. "Experts examined and analysed the RQ-170. All files and boards of the drone were copied and used to improve Irans' unmanned aircraft," he said.
Blast in Pak kills 2, injures 10
Karachi: Two persons were killed and 10 injured in a blast near a hotel in Karachi Wednesday, police said.
- Fancy numbers: RTO in PCMC earns Rs 8 crore
- Alarm in Ukraine as Putin orders surprise army drills on border
- Arrests made but two sensational murders still unsolved
- Infosys ex-CFO not to contest polls for AAP
- Monsoon, not Manmohan, led to agri growth: Yashwant
- Now, BJP workers to donate blood equal to Modi’s weight