Briefly World: UK girl of Pak origin ‘kidnapped’ in Lahore
- Sahara case: Hearing deferred in SC, Subrata Roy to remain in jail
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
UK girl of Pak origin 'kidnapped' in Lahore
LAHORE: A British college girl of Pakistani origin was allegedly kidnapped from a busy market here, police said Monday. Ayesha Ali, 21, a college student from London, was shopping in Liberty Market on Sunday when she was allegedly abducted.
Ayesha's passport is missing which has led to a suggestion that she might have gone on her own accord.
South Africa: 41, 200 miners strike
MARIKANA: Labour unrest spread in South Africa on Monday after a strike by more than 41, 200 workers halted operations at a mines over poor pay.
Iraqi V-P says innocent, terror trial a sham
BAGHDAD: Iraq's fugitive Sunni vice-president Tariq al-Hashemi on Monday declared his "innocence" in a trial that sentenced him to death on charges murdering of rivals and rejected the conviction as sham.
US woman teaches cockatoo to swear
Washington: A US woman Lynne Taylor is facing a lawsuit filed by her neighbours for teaching her cockatoo to swear at them. Her neighbours in Warwick municipal allege the bird is being taught to use expletives.
Jewish groups upset by Estonian mock ad
TALLINN: Jewish organisations have denounced Estonian Eesti Ekspress weekly for publishing a mock ad for weight-loss pills depicting emaciated prisoners at a Nazi concentration camp.
US groups helped Dutch anti-Islam politician
AMSTERDAM/NEW YORK: Anti-Islam groups in US, like the Middle East Forum, a pro-Israeli think tank, have provided financial support to Dutch politician Geert Wilders, an anti-Islam campaigner who is seeking re-election to the Dutch parliament this week.
Stowaway falls to death from UK jet
LONDON: A man believed to be a stowaway fell thousands of feet to his death from a Heathrow-bound jet liner on a car parked in a street here, The Sun reported.
Human excrement found in fake cigarettes in UK
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress