- Delhi: Multi-vehicle pileup on NH-1 leaves at least five dead
- Siachen avalanche: Air pocket under 35 ft of snow kept Lance Naik Hanumanthappa alive
- Facts dispute claims by banks: write-off gallops, recovery crawls
- Upset allies Akali Dal and Shiv Sena let BJP know: Keep us in loop
- David Headley deposition adjourned for the day following technical glitch
China journalist jailed for 8 more yrs
BEIJING: The lawyer for a Chinese journalist jailed after he wrote about wrongdoing by officials said the reporter has been sentenced to another eight years behind bars. Wang Quanzhang said Friday that Qi Chonghuai was two weeks away from being released from a prison where he has been since 2007. Qi has been convicted of embezzlement.
Syrian forces kill 15 protesters: Activists
AMMAN: Syrian security forces shot dead at least 15 people on Friday after tens of thousands of protesters took to the streets demanding overthrow of President Bashar al-Assad. Local Coordination Committees, a activists' group, said it had the names of 15 civilians killed by forces.
Vietnam releases dissident to US
HANOI: Vietnam has released a dissident writer and deported her to the US on humanitarian grounds, officials said Friday. Tran Khai Thanh Thuy was released from prison Wednesday, an official with Ministry of Public Security said.
Hackers hit Brazilian government website
BRASILIA: Hackers have struck a Brazilian government website. A group identifying itself as "Fail Shell" attacked the website of Brazil's IBGE statistics agency on Friday.
Winklevoss twins back in court