Bring a change in the outlook
- Mali hostage crisis ends as security forces gun down militants; 27 killed
- Sheena Bora case: Peter charged with murder, criminal conspiracy
- Nitish Kumar sworn in as Bihar Chief Minister; Lalu's sons in Cabinet
- UP keeps its distance from Bihar: Why Mulayam, Akhilesh didn't attend Nitish swearing-in
- Madras HC stays cancellation of Greenpeace India registration
There should be no restrictions to anyone featuring in theprime time slot on television says producer Mukesh Bhatt
Bigg Boss 5 caught on mainly after last year when Sunny Leone, an adult star from foreign lands, made an appearance on the show. She created so much buzz and managed to hike the ratings to a certain level. Impressed with the way she conducted herself on the show and for the person that she was, she was signed by Vishesh Films as the female lead in our film Jism 2. We are happy with our decision. So, may I ask, what is wrong in having another porn star, if there is going to be one, on the show this time around? Earlier the show had a dacoit that too from the Chambal valley participating in it and nobody raised any objection to it. In fact, she was accepted openly. When that was fine with the society, why do we have to make a big deal if another porn star might be entering the show this year too? Since it is a TV show, the participant is not going to walk around on the show all nude, right! Is it justified for a family that can happily view a dreaded dacoit on the show, but cannot watch a porn star? I feel this is the schizophrenic way of functioning of the society. I don't understand how a porn star featuring on prime time slot will affect the society. Moreover she will just be there on the show as a contestant and nothing more than that. The least I can say that she would be giving some good entertainment to the show.
Also now though the show is telecast during the prime slot (9 pm), compared to the 11 pm slot last year, and is also being promoted as "family show", I don't see anything wrong in having a porn star on the show at this time. Any show needs to create a level of interest if it has to sustain especially when it does not have any big names to attract. The audience is very sensible and acceptable and has changed its outlook now so I guess it is not immoral any longer. Today, it is not a cause of worry about the kind of impact it is going to have on the society.
- Modi can leverage foreign policy to repair his domestic image
- Muslims biggest losers from our reservation policy, one that Bhagwat rightly wants reviewed
- If Pak state really cared for its people, it would put national economy above all else
- Despite little coverage in India, the Argentinian presidential election is significant
- Uday lacks a strong, accessible monitoring mechanism critical for its success
- What Mr Mani Shankar Aiyar won’t say