Bring a change in the outlook
- Hidden in Assam mandate: The return of Prafulla Kumar Mahanta, his AGP
- Assam LIVE: No Gogoi 4.0 as BJP alliance finally looks east
- Kerala LIVE: It's an LDF wave in Kerala, BJP set to open account
- West Bengal LIVE: Trinamool set to storm Bengal assembly with massive lead, Left way behind
- Tamil Nadu LIVE: Amma breaks tradition, gets to stay in power
There should be no restrictions to anyone featuring in theprime time slot on television says producer Mukesh Bhatt
Bigg Boss 5 caught on mainly after last year when Sunny Leone, an adult star from foreign lands, made an appearance on the show. She created so much buzz and managed to hike the ratings to a certain level. Impressed with the way she conducted herself on the show and for the person that she was, she was signed by Vishesh Films as the female lead in our film Jism 2. We are happy with our decision. So, may I ask, what is wrong in having another porn star, if there is going to be one, on the show this time around? Earlier the show had a dacoit that too from the Chambal valley participating in it and nobody raised any objection to it. In fact, she was accepted openly. When that was fine with the society, why do we have to make a big deal if another porn star might be entering the show this year too? Since it is a TV show, the participant is not going to walk around on the show all nude, right! Is it justified for a family that can happily view a dreaded dacoit on the show, but cannot watch a porn star? I feel this is the schizophrenic way of functioning of the society. I don't understand how a porn star featuring on prime time slot will affect the society. Moreover she will just be there on the show as a contestant and nothing more than that. The least I can say that she would be giving some good entertainment to the show.
Also now though the show is telecast during the prime slot (9 pm), compared to the 11 pm slot last year, and is also being promoted as "family show", I don't see anything wrong in having a porn star on the show at this time. Any show needs to create a level of interest if it has to sustain especially when it does not have any big names to attract. The audience is very sensible and acceptable and has changed its outlook now so I guess it is not immoral any longer. Today, it is not a cause of worry about the kind of impact it is going to have on the society.
- Create five large, structurally unconstrained govt-promoted banks
- Judges can, and have, crossed the line for a good cause
- Assembly results are unlikely to mark a critical change in Tamil Nadu’s bipolar contest
- Who belongs to the House, who doesn’t
- Some good news from the studios, some of them may have piped down
- Burying Karkare: I cannot let these forces go unchallenged