Brit Indians 'largest ethnic minority group in UK': report
- Naxal threat has to be quashed with a firm hand, says Pranab, as Maoists kill 16 in Chhattisgarh ambush
- Malaysia military tracked missing plane to the west coast
- AAP defends Rs 20,000 per person dinner with Kejriwal, says it was transparent
- Bhagwat cautions RSS cadres against crossing limits for BJP
- Narendra Modi's new found love for Bihar a ploy to win votes: Nitish Kumar
Indians are expected to rank as the largest ethnic minority group in the UK, in the latest results from the 2011 census, according to a media report.
Data from the 2011 census, to be released tomorrow, will suggest there are now more than one million people born to parents in interracial relationships, the 'Daily Mail'
The mixed-race population is among the fastest growing in Britain and is already the largest ethnic group among under-16s.
However, academics believe the true figure could be more than double this, because many of mixed-race are believed to define themselves as a single race on official forms.
The latest census results are expected to rank British Indians as the largest ethnic minority group, the paper said.
The 2011 census is also expected to show that one million Britons are mixed race, which equates to 1.6 per cent of the population.
According to the 2001 census, 677,177 classified themselves as mixed race, equating to 1.2 per cent of the UK population.
Islam will be identified as the fastest-growing faith, with more than two million Muslims, the paper added
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- Kejriwal Gujarat tour: The unfamiliar politician | The Indian Express