British couple on cycle world tour crushed to death in Thailand
- Hang me if I have committed crime, no apology: Modi
- Fifth phase of Lok Sabha elections in 121 seats on Thursday
- April 16 campaign roundup: Narendra Modi in firing line of Gandhis
- N Srinivasan faces serious charges, canât return until probe: Supreme Court
- Kolkata Knight Riders seal opener in comprehensive fashion
A British couple on a cycle tour across the world has been crushed to death by a pick up truck in Thailand.
Peter Root and Mary Thompson, both 34, died when a pickup truck ran over them on a road in Phanom Sarakham district on Friday. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) chief has apologised to the families of the couple killed in Chachoengsao province.The pickup driver told police that his vehicle hit the British cyclists while he was reaching down to pick up a cap on the floor. He was reportedly released on bail, and will face charges. The couple had started cycling around the world two years ago, and had travelled through Europe, the Middle East, China and 23 other countries without incident before coming to Thailand.
- Teacher at school in Rohini accused of molesting eight-year-old girl: Police
- In Sushma seat, BJP tweaks Modi slogan
- In Rampur, Azam Khan charm wanes
- In Sambhal, what matters more than Modi is a railway link
- Cong, BJP don’t favour polls, to wait for LS results
- Purandeswari to contest from Rajampet on a BJP ticket