British couple on cycle world tour crushed to death in Thailand
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
A British couple on a cycle tour across the world has been crushed to death by a pick up truck in Thailand.
Peter Root and Mary Thompson, both 34, died when a pickup truck ran over them on a road in Phanom Sarakham district on Friday. The Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) chief has apologised to the families of the couple killed in Chachoengsao province.The pickup driver told police that his vehicle hit the British cyclists while he was reaching down to pick up a cap on the floor. He was reportedly released on bail, and will face charges. The couple had started cycling around the world two years ago, and had travelled through Europe, the Middle East, China and 23 other countries without incident before coming to Thailand.