Britney Spears not starring in Hindi film
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Pop star Britney Spears says there is no truth to the claim by a Kerala-born filmmaker that she will sing and dance to the title track of an upcoming Hindi movie.
Contrary to the swirling report that she has signed up for Sadanandan Lucsam's untitled debut Hindi production, a representative for the former Disney star denies she is involved in the project, a media report said.
The representative told Gossip Cop that there's "no truth whatsoever" to Lucsam's claims, adding that "they may have signed 'a' Britney Spears. But if they did, it's a different Britney Spears and we wish them good luck with their production".
The representative released the denial following an article in a leading Indian newspaper which said Lucsam had tapped Spears for a song-and-dance number in his movie.
The filmmaker was quoted as saying, "Britney's song is an integral part of the film. She sings and dances to the title track of the movie, which is a peppy number and will be shot lavishly.
"It will be a proper Hindi number with some good English lines as well, to make it universal in its appeal," the Kerala-born businessman added.
He additionally claimed that payments had been made to one of Spears' agencies.