Brother allowed to execute power of attorney in favour of Chaudhary
- Priyanka Gandhi denies report on fighting polls against Modi, says her focus remains Rae Bareli and Amethi
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh's book embarrasses PM; 'Singh had little political authority'
- Two yrs after townâs first-ever riots, Kosi Kalan shadow hangs large over Mathura
- Fresh FIR against Azam Khan
- Election Live: BJP wants to destroy secular values, only Congress promises secularism, says Sonia Gandhi
The court of chief judicial magistrate (CJM), Bhawna Jain, here on Wednesday allowed the application filed by one of the accused involved in the murder of 24-year old Hoshiarpur girl, Jyoti Kumari, in Panchkula, that he should be permitted to visit Sub Registrar Ambala to get the power of attorney executed in favor of his brother.
The court allowed the application of one Gurmeet, who is also one of the accused along with the Doon MLA from Himachal Pradesh, Ram Kumar Chaudhary, in the murder case after his contention that his business will suffer in case the execution of power of attorney was not allowed.
The court allowed the application after a report by police in the case that they have no objection in permitting the execution of power of attorney.
Counsel for the accused, Amandeep Bindra, brought before the court that the execution of power of attorney is necessary to ensure that the business of the accused does not suffer.
Gurmeet is a government contractor and also runs some transport business in Baddi area of Himachal Pradesh and he has taken a contention before the court that since he is lodged at Central Jail, Ambala, he must transfer the rights in favour of his brother to run his business.
The court had earlier also allowed the execution of power of attorney of Ram Kumar Chaudhary after he had taken a similar plea and brought before the court that besides a large transport business, he also runs the brick kilns and to ensure their functioning, the court should allow the execution of power of attorney in favour of his wife.
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit