Brother claims cop attacked him with sword, under drugs
- Why Germanwings flight A320 might have crashed over the French Alps
- Indian Navy surveillance aircraft crashes in Goa; two officers missing
- Section 66A: 21 individuals whose petitions changed the system
- Government is willing to compromise on land bill: Venkaiah Naidu
- A little reminder: No one in House debated Section 66A, Congress brought it and BJP backed it
Serious allegations were leveled against Dilpreet Singh, a police inspector, by his own brother Harpreet Singh on Saturday. Harpreet alleged that Dilpreet, under influence of drugs, attacked him and his wife Sarabjeet Kaur with a sword on February 6. He also alleged that the police did not pay heed to his complaint.
Harpreet Singh said police officials are also forcing him to apologise to his brother. He alleged, "Me and my wife saw Dilpreet arguing with one of his friends and then chased him with a sword. When my wife tried to stop him, she was thrashed by him. Then Dilpreet attacked me."
"I had gone to hospital for medical exam and filed case with the police. Dilpreet got his exam done on February 7 and filed a false complaint against me. Ignoring my complaint the police registered a case of attempt to murder against me," he alleged