Brother claims cop attacked him with sword, under drugs
- Kejriwal's detention in Modi land sparks violent clashes between BJP, AAP in three states
- India goes to poll in 9 phases from April 7 to May 12; vote count on May 16
- Mumbai dailies laud Kamat, he denies he paid for the ânewsâ
- Congress bends, âopen to TRS allianceâ
- Didi lists out celebs, nephew and statistics
Serious allegations were leveled against Dilpreet Singh, a police inspector, by his own brother Harpreet Singh on Saturday. Harpreet alleged that Dilpreet, under influence of drugs, attacked him and his wife Sarabjeet Kaur with a sword on February 6. He also alleged that the police did not pay heed to his complaint.
Harpreet Singh said police officials are also forcing him to apologise to his brother. He alleged, "Me and my wife saw Dilpreet arguing with one of his friends and then chased him with a sword. When my wife tried to stop him, she was thrashed by him. Then Dilpreet attacked me."
"I had gone to hospital for medical exam and filed case with the police. Dilpreet got his exam done on February 7 and filed a false complaint against me. Ignoring my complaint the police registered a case of attempt to murder against me," he alleged
- New police chief says smooth polls his top priority for now
- Battleground ready, tough fight on cards in Pune
- Gadkari visits PU for cultural event, crowd gets out of control
- Govt vehicle hits two visually impaired students
- Ecclestone rules out Indian GP in 2015
- Captain Vidic abandons sinking ship at Manchester United, to sign for Inter Milan