Brothers arrested for threatening to kill UP Minister Azam Khan
- L-G Jung functioning as if there is President's Rule in Delhi: Sisodia
- Suicide car bomb kills at least 6, injures 9 in Kabul
- VIDEO: Teased by bodyguard, Agra woman smashes SP leader's Mercedes
- Amid Delhi Chief Secy row, at least dozen govt officers ready to leave city
- Modi govt calls for 'fitting' commemoration of Rajiv Gandhi death anniversary
Two brothers have been arrested for threatening to kill senior Cabinet minister Mohd Azam Khan in a bomb blast around a year ago, police said in Sambhal on Wednesday.
The urban development minister had received a call on his mobile phone on May 24, 2012, threatening to blow him up in a bomb blast, station house officer B P Waliyan said.
The crime branch lodged an FIR against Mohd Abid and Mohd Yameen on July 5, he added.
The brothers were arrested on Tuesday and produced before the court from where they were sent to jail.
Khan, during the inaugural function of a medical college on May 26 last year, himself admitted that he had received the threat call.