Brothers arrested for threatening to kill UP Minister Azam Khan
- Election LIVE: Will Kejriwal take on Modi? Announcement likely at Bangalore rally today
- Missing flight MH370: Focus turns to pilots as hunt for jet widens
- Aam Aadmi Party fundraiser collects Rs 50 lakh, Arvind Kejriwal quizzed about attack on media
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Manish Tewari unlikely to contest Lok Sabha polls
Two brothers have been arrested for threatening to kill senior Cabinet minister Mohd Azam Khan in a bomb blast around a year ago, police said in Sambhal on Wednesday.
The urban development minister had received a call on his mobile phone on May 24, 2012, threatening to blow him up in a bomb blast, station house officer B P Waliyan said.
The crime branch lodged an FIR against Mohd Abid and Mohd Yameen on July 5, he added.
The brothers were arrested on Tuesday and produced before the court from where they were sent to jail.
Khan, during the inaugural function of a medical college on May 26 last year, himself admitted that he had received the threat call.