Brothers arrested for threatening to kill UP Minister Azam Khan
- HSBC Indian list just doubled to 1195 names. Balance: Rs 25420 cr
- Manjhi expelled, Nitish stakes claim to form govt in Bihar
- Hanging of Afzal Guru was 'wrong' & 'badly' handled, says Shashi Tharoor
- Have given it my all, not nervous about result: Kiran Bedi
- Japanese girl allegedly raped by tourist guide in Jaipur
Two brothers have been arrested for threatening to kill senior Cabinet minister Mohd Azam Khan in a bomb blast around a year ago, police said in Sambhal on Wednesday.
The urban development minister had received a call on his mobile phone on May 24, 2012, threatening to blow him up in a bomb blast, station house officer B P Waliyan said.
The crime branch lodged an FIR against Mohd Abid and Mohd Yameen on July 5, he added.
The brothers were arrested on Tuesday and produced before the court from where they were sent to jail.
Khan, during the inaugural function of a medical college on May 26 last year, himself admitted that he had received the threat call.