Brothers hacked to death: Seven held
- CBI sought part RTI exemption, Govt gave it full
- Screen Awards: Milkha, Ram-Leela and Madras Cafe dominate
- DGCA seeks fresh public objections after clearing AirAsia for take-off
- Delhi: 51-year-old Danish national alleges gangrape, 15 detained for questioning
- I wonder if I will be able to ever reunite with my husband, my kids. I miss them: Devyani
Two days after two brothers, one of them a local BJP leader, were allegedly hacked to death in Gundaran village of Liliya taluka in Amreli district, seven persons were arrested by the police on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip-off, a team of Amreli police nabbed the seven from a forest area near Khedaria village in Savarkundla taluka of that district in the wee hours.
"The seven had been on the run since they stabbed the two brothers to death on Saturday," Amreli circle Police Inspector Rajnish Gautam said.
Ajit Khuman, president of Liliya taluka unit of BJP and his brother Bharat, sarpanch of Gundaran, were allegedly assaulted by a group of 13 men and stabbed to death over an old dispute. The assailants allegedly fired in the air before attacking the brothers with sharp weapons and killing them on the spot. The accused had been on the run since then, police said.
- AAP names Bharti victims, uploads eight videos targeting Africans in Delhi
- Kapil Sibal to contest from Chandni Chowk in 2014, even if Arvind Kejriwal inÂ fray
- Arvind Kejriwal likely to pass Jan Lokpal Bill in February, says the fight for new independence hasÂ begun
- Movie review: â€˜Jai hoâ€™ | The Indian Express