Brown fat transplant may fight obesity and prevent diabetes
- Moga molestation case: Family refuses to cremate victim, seeks cancellation of bus firm's permit
- Ramdev rebuts Opposition, says his medicine doesn't promise male child
- Economic policy 'directionless', minorities anxious: Shourie on Modi government
- Six Baltimore officers face murder charges in black man shooting
- 'All of a sudden, I saw light': Nepal earthquake survivor recounts rescue
Researchers now plan to investigate how fat transplants could be used to prevent diabetes.
Already, some scientists are investigating ways in which stubborn white fat could be given some of the beneficial characteristics of energy-burning brown fat.
The new study was published in the Journal of Clinical Investigation.