Bruce Willis no longer teetotaller
- National Herald case: HC dismisses pleas of Sonia, Rahul Gandhi against summons; Cong to move SC
- India maul South Africa by 337 runs at Kotla, seal series 3-0
- Mumbai: One killed in massive slum fire in Kandivili
- Powerful earthquake jolts Tajikistan, tremors felt in Srinagar, NCR
- India-Pakistan talks: Good but not breaking news -- yet
Hollywood actor Bruce Willis, who had given up alcohol several years ago, is no longer a teetoller and prefers to drink wine now.The 57-year-old 'Die Hard' star said he can trust himself around alcohol now since he has a control over his intake, reported Us magazine.
"I had been sober. But once I realized that I wasn't gonna run myself off the pier of life with alcohol, drinking vodka out of the bottle every day... I have wine now, mostly when I eat," he was quoted as telling GQ magazine.
Willis reportedly decided to get sober in 1988 after being the face of Seagram's Golden Wine Cooler products in the 1980s.
While Willis has matured, so has his film career. But heis yet to earn an Oscar nomination.However, the fact that he's never earned a nomination, doesn't bother the 'Pulp Fiction' actor "too much."
"It just always has seemed whimsical to me, to think about it. You don't get an Oscar for comedy, and you don't get it for shooting people. You get it for novelty, for being
fascinating to watch in some character role," the action starsaid.
"But the Die Hard stuff and Dirty Harry are all fraught with the same thing that every story is fraught with. The middle years to now makes me start to think that there should come a time when I should not work so much."
- Constitutional settlements requires statesmanship and generosity missing in Nepal today
- Delhi government’s odd-even vehicle decision needs to be rethought
- The internet gender gap is widening the global development gap
- Raja-Mandala: Delhi to Rawalpindi
- Margi Sathi helped recreate Kutiyattam and Nangiarkoothu for a new audience
- Chennai Floods: The burden of bravery