BSE Sensex down 49 points, NSE Nifty flat at 0.24 pct
- Kapil Sibal complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital staus issue
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
- Congress rakes up Vajpayee's Rajdharma remark post 2002 Gujarat riots to take on Modi
- Those with blood on their hands should not speak about the country: Mamata
The BSE Sensex today declined over 49 points in early trade as funds and retail investors booked profits after recent gains amid weak trend at other Asian bourses.
The 30-share index, which had gained 617.71 points in the previous three sessions, fell by 49.33 points, or 0.23 per cent, to 21,277.09 with power, PSU, capital goods, realty, auto and banking sector stocks coming under pressure.
In a similar fashion, the NSE Nifty shed 15.35 points, or 0.24 per cent, to 6,348.55.
Brokers said besides profit-booking by participants after three sessions of gains, a weak trend at Asian bourses led to the decline in the benchmark Sensex.
Among other Asian markets, Japan's Nikkei was down 0.36 per cent, while Hong Kong's Hang Seng fell 0.20 per cent in early trade.
The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.03 per cent up yesterday.