BSE Sensex ends flat, tech stocks gain, ONGC falls
- PDP, BJP seal alliance to form government in Jammu & Kashmir
- RK Pachauri, accused of sexual harassment, quits UN climate change panel
- Centre's land bill is anti-farmer, says Kejriwal at Anna protest rally
- SpiceJet launches low-fare offer for Holi; one lakh seats on the block
- BJP defends Bhagwat, claims Mother Teresa admitted she was not a social worker
BSE Sensex ended flat on Monday, and not far off yearly lows, as technology firms shares such as Infosys rose on expectations the 2013/14 budget would provide incentives for exporters, while ONGC fell on worries about a potentially higher oil subsidy burden.
Infosys Ltd provisionally rose 2.8 percent, while Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd fell 2.15 percent, ahead of the 2013/14 budget to be presented on Thursday.
The BSE index provisionally ended flat, barely above its lowest close since Dec. 24 hit on Friday.
The 50-share NSE index ended up 0.08 percent.