BSE Sensex ends flat, tech stocks gain, ONGC falls
- Will reach out to 'muslim' brothers, address Ram Temple issue: Modi
- Congress backs Priyanka Gandhi as she hits out at opposition for 'targeting Robert Vadra without proof'
- CJI bars advocate's entry in SC for 6 months for sexual harrassment
- April 22 Campaign roundup: Modi hurls a 'khooni panja' at Cong, says its responsible for 1100 lives in Telangana
- IPL 7: It's that man Glenn Maxwell again
BSE Sensex ended flat on Monday, and not far off yearly lows, as technology firms shares such as Infosys rose on expectations the 2013/14 budget would provide incentives for exporters, while ONGC fell on worries about a potentially higher oil subsidy burden.
Infosys Ltd provisionally rose 2.8 percent, while Oil and Natural Gas Corp Ltd fell 2.15 percent, ahead of the 2013/14 budget to be presented on Thursday.
The BSE index provisionally ended flat, barely above its lowest close since Dec. 24 hit on Friday.
The 50-share NSE index ended up 0.08 percent.
- MU issues showcause notice to S K Somaiya College
- Denied nod to sit with her special child in classroom, mother moves MSCPCR
- Judgment day today for couple caught on wrong side of new rape law
- Man accused of murder dies in custody, kin allege torture
- 2 BJP workers injured in firing
- 322 polling stations in Mumbai, suburbs ‘critical’