BSE Sensex recovers 51 points, Nifty up by 14 pts, stocks to watch: Cadila, Hindalco
The BSE benchmark Sensex recovered over 51 points in early trade today on the back of gains in stocks of realty, auto, consumer durable, capital goods, metal and banking sectors, amid a mixed Asian trend.
Snapping its six-session losing streak, the 30-share barometer today recovered by 51.70 points, or 0.26 per cent, to 19,632.02 in early trade. The index had lost 425 points in past six sessions.
Similarly, the wide-based National Stock Exchange index (NSE) Nifty moved up by 14.50 points, or 0.24 per cent, to 5,953.30.
Brokers said fresh buying by funds and retailers driven by a mixed trend in the Asian region following data showing a surge in exports and imports from China, helped trading sentiment to improve.
Meanwhile in Asia, Hong Kong's Hang Seng index rose by 0.16 per cent, while Japan's Nikkei down by 1.38 per cent in the early trade. The US Dow Jones Industrial Average ended 0.30 per cent lower in yesterday's trade
GLOBAL MARKETS ROUNDUP
* Nifty futures on the Singapore Exchange was flat. The MSCI-Asia Pacific index, excluding Japan rose 0.3 percent.
* Asian shares edged higher on data showing a surge in exports and imports from China.
* US stocks declined on Thursday, taking a step back from their recent advance, prompted by comments by the ECB president on the euro and Europe's outlook.
*BSE Sensex hits 1-1/2-mth closing low as banks, Cipla shares plunge, NSE Nifty down by 20 yesterday.
FACTORS TO WATCH
* Earnings: Cadila Healthcare Ltd, Hindalco Industries Ltd, Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd, Canara Bank Ltd, Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd , Tata Chemicals Ltd
* RBI forex reserves, bank lending data. (1130GMT)
* RBI deputy governor Anand Sinha to deliver speech on Basel III at an event organised by ratings agency CRISIL. (0530GMT)
STOCKS TO WATCH