BSE Sensex recovers 51 points, Nifty up by 14 pts, stocks to watch: Cadila, Hindalco
- For âcheeringâ Pakistan in India match, university in Meerut suspends 67 Kashmiri students
- You told us go to hell, says Supreme Court, sends Subrata Roy to jail
- Congress-RJD pact likely today; Kerala Guv resigns, may contest
- Attacker, victim: 2 faces of Gujarat riots come together for âHindu-Muslimâ unity
- UP kidsâ killer disease spread through lice, expert panel finds
* The government is considering a tax surcharge on those with taxable income of more than 10 million rupees ($187,700) a in the 2013/14 federal budget, finance ministry officials said.
* India's new stock exchange MCX-SX said on Thursday it will launch equities trading on Monday in 1,116 listed companies as the bourse operator looks to compete aggressively against the country's two established players.
* Indiabulls Financial Services Ltd has launched a share sale for institutional investors to raise up to 4.48 billion rupees ($84 million).
* India has raised $2.15 billion by selling shares in state-run power utility NTPC, putting the government on track to meet its fundraising target to reduce the budget deficit.
* The Cabinet has approved GAIL (India) Ltd's participation in the $9 billion Turkmenistan-Afghanistan-Pakistan-India (TAPI) gas pipeline.
* ACC Ltd reported a 49 percent fall in net profit for the Oct-Dec quarter.
* Temasek Holdings Pvt Ltd and Baring Asia are among those shortlisted by Lafarge SA as potential buyers for a minority stake in its Indian arm Lafarge India, The Economic Times reported citing two said two "informed sources."
* Tata Steel Europe, a unit of Tata Steel Ltd, said it is investing 2.3 million euros ($3.08 million) at its IJmuiden facility in the Netherlands to develop next-generation steels for the auto industry that are lighter, stronger and better able to withstand crashes.
* Jindal Steel and Power Ltd pulled out of talks to invest in a Cameroon mine owned by iron ore producer Afferro Mining Inc , questioning the financial viability of the project.
* Bharti Airtel Ltd on Thursday split its business into eight segments with a view to build a more connected organisation.
* Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd said on Thursday its European unit had launched a generic version of GlaxoSmithKline's Malarone malaria treatment medicine, its first generic product in Britain.