BSF Dy Finance Advisor arrested in graft case
Allotment of a tender for providing "underpants" to BSF personnel after allegedly accepting an illegal gratification from a Ludhiana-based cloth merchant, landed Charu Narang Thakur, the Deputy Finance Advisor (DFA), Chandigarh region, Border Security Force (BSF) in the custody of the CBI. Sources in the CBI say that she had taken money from the same person, Sandeep Mehta, previously as well.
CBI sleuths had received information a few days ago about this exchange of money. When Mehta left Thakur's office after he gave the graft money, he was nabbed by the CBI officials. Later, he was confronted with the DFA and he identified her for accepting the illegal gratification.
CBI sources say that Mehta, during investigation, had disclosed that he had given "favors" to the DFA earlier also for allotment of tenders. The two accused were produced in a special CBI court in Patiala where the court remanded both the accused two days of police custody. The CBI suspects involvement of other senior officers also.
One of the CBI sources said that when the tender for providing underpants to the BSF personnel posted in areas with much lower temperature was being decided, Thakur was the one to reject the proposal made by Sandeep Mehta. She then allegedly demanded an illegal gratification from the co-accused about which CBI was informed by a third person.
Both Thakur and Sandeep Mehta were arrested by the CBI on November 21 from Thakur's office in Mohali.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS: Sonia Gandhi | The Indian Express
- After Sanjay Baru, former coal secretary Parakh’s book embarrasses PM; ‘Singh had little political authority’
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul
- Rahul Gandhi insulting Ambedkar by taking credit for laws: Narendra Modi