BSF man arrested for ‘abetting’ wife’s suicide
- War of words after expulsion: Khetan says will not spare Bhushans after 'paid journalist' charges
- Eating beef not a fundamental right: Maha govt tells HC
- ISIS leader Baghdadi seriously wounded in US air strike: Report
- Political intervention in bureaucracy inevitable: PM Modi
- Video: Giriraj Singh denies he met PM Modi and cried
An assistant commandant undergoing training at the Border Security Force (BSF) centre in Gandhinagar was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly abetting his wife's suicide.
Jawan Sunil Kumar's wife, Preeti Kumar (26), who was a sub-inspector with Delhi police, committed suicide by hanging herself on Saturday after alleged torture by her husband and other family members for dowry, Chiloda Police Inspector (PI) B C Thakkar said.
The complaint lodged with Chiloda police by Preeti's mother stated that she was being troubled by the 32-year-old husband, the mother-in-law and sister-in-law.
Both Sunil and Preeti belonged to Rajasthan and got married on November 30, 2012. The couple had come here some days back for the former's training in BSF.
A letter written by the deceased on December 31, 2012, while she was posted in the national capital and produced by her sister purportedly stated that she was subjected to harassment by the trio for dowry, Thakkar said.
The accused have been booked for abatement of suicide and dowry death and a local court has sent Kumar in judicial custody.