BSF man arrested for ‘abetting’ wife’s suicide
- Hunt on for Malaysian Airlines: Stolen passports, missing debris fuels fears of foul play
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
- Rs 25,000 cr: CAG sees biggest ever J&K land scam
- Uttar Pradesh BJP wants tickets for four riot-accused MLAs
- Haryana, Gujarat top industry-friendly states, Maharashtra among bottom five
An assistant commandant undergoing training at the Border Security Force (BSF) centre in Gandhinagar was arrested on Tuesday for allegedly abetting his wife's suicide.
Jawan Sunil Kumar's wife, Preeti Kumar (26), who was a sub-inspector with Delhi police, committed suicide by hanging herself on Saturday after alleged torture by her husband and other family members for dowry, Chiloda Police Inspector (PI) B C Thakkar said.
The complaint lodged with Chiloda police by Preeti's mother stated that she was being troubled by the 32-year-old husband, the mother-in-law and sister-in-law.
Both Sunil and Preeti belonged to Rajasthan and got married on November 30, 2012. The couple had come here some days back for the former's training in BSF.
A letter written by the deceased on December 31, 2012, while she was posted in the national capital and produced by her sister purportedly stated that she was subjected to harassment by the trio for dowry, Thakkar said.
The accused have been booked for abatement of suicide and dowry death and a local court has sent Kumar in judicial custody.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress