BSNL accepts wrong allotment of govt quarters, no action yet
- Pakistan High Commission staffer asked to leave India after leak of sensitive defence documents
- Cyrus Mistry hits back at Tata Group with slew of allegations: Fraudulent transactions, unethical ways
- Tata Sons vs Cyrus: Sebi, govt keep watch, BSE seeks clarification
- Kashmir is a matter for India, Pakistan to sort out: British PM Theresa May
- It's unfortunate, because it has set a terrible precedent: Farhan Akhtar on Johar-MNS deal
Despite the fact that Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited (BSNL) has clearly accepted that a type-V quarters in Sanchar Colony, BRS Nagar, meant for employees and retired employees was allotted without issuing notification and to a person who was not entitled for the same, no action has yet been taken in the issue.
The employee to whom the quarter was allotted in September last year is still residing there and the deserving retired employee is still waiting for an action despite repeated complaints sent to the Department of Communication and IT, Sanchar Bhawan, New Delhi since last year.
The issue came to light when a retired employee, Jita Singh, ex-deputy general manager applied for the allotment of a rented accommodation (quarter number 3) in Sanchar Colony, Ludhiana.
"It was the same house in which we were living before my retirement in 2006.
However, in 2012, government issued orders that we could apply for rented accommodation and I sent my application for the same on May 14, 2012," said Singh. However, to Singh's surprise quarter number 3 for which he applied was allotted to one Jitesh Kumar, divisional engineer who as per RTI information from BSNL office was not even entitled for type V quarter but also applied for it on August 13, 2012, three months after Singh's application.
Not only this, a 15-day notification period that is mandatory for BSNL to issue after a house is vacated, was not issued. As per RTI reply, while the house got vacated on August 31, 2012 immediately after two days on September 3, 2012 it was allotted to Jitesh Kumar and 'keys were handed around 6.15pm. In RTI reply, dated September 22, 2012, BSNL has clearly written that the officers to whom quarter number 3/type V and quarter number 5/type V have been allotted were not entitled for Type V quarters. RTI reply further states that notification was not issued and while application of Jita Singh was received on May 14, 2012, the application of present occupant was received on August 13, 2012.
- By brokering for MNS, Devendra Fadnavis has shown himself as a CM afraid of a bully
- Pak PM would do well to study the past before choosing Raheel Sharif’s successor
- What general news channels could learn from business news anchors
- India’s abstention from UN negotiations for nuclear disarmament would be a lost chance
- India must delink classroom teaching from student learning
- In the long run, the rift within SP may make space for a clearer leadership