BSNL employee ends life, cop found dead
- EC bans Amit shah, Azam Khan from holding public rallies after hate speech
- Congress complains to EC on Narendra Modi's marital status issue, seeks action for 'hiding facts'
- Rahul Gandhi brings up Narendra Modi's marital status at Doda rally
- PMO attacks Sanjaya Baru on his book
- April 11 Campaign roundup: Why should I condemn it, asks Deve Gowda on Mulayam Singh's 'rape' remark
Sukhvinder Singh, 55, a resident of BRS Nagar and an employee of BSNL, committed suicide on Friday. Missing for two days, his body was recovered from Sidhwan Canal Issewal Bridge.
In the suicide note recovered from his home, he has blamed Arvinder Singh, his son's father-in-law, for the step. As per the suicide note, Arvinder used to issue threats to the victim due to a dispute. ASI Satvinder Singh from Sarabha Nagar police station said a case of abetment to suicide had been registered against Arvinder under Section 306 of the IPC.
In the other case, a police constable died under mysterious circumstances at his home at Beela village of Dehlon on Thursday night. The police claimed that he had consumed some poisonous substance by mistake that proved fatal. According to the police, it was an accident.
The deceased has been identified as Raghubir Singh, 28. He was deputed at Basant Avenue police post.
According to Inspector Inderjit Singh, SHO at Dehlon police station, said the constable had stomach ache. On Thursday night, he consumed poison taking it as a medicine and died.
- JD(S) releases manifesto, vows to protect interests of state
- Ambareesh returns, says will sort ‘minor differences’
- Sagar Ghosh killing: Breather for DGP as HC stays single bench order
- Face of Gujarat riots is face of BJP: Mamata
- Cong seeks action against Advani on ‘wrong’ info in affidavit
- How can Modi honour women if he can’t mention his wife, asks Rahul