BSNL employee ends life, cop found dead
- Live: Hurriyat hardliner Masarat Alam's release rocks Parliament, Cong seeks PM's statement
- Dimapur lynching: On social media, first ‘rape’, then ‘Bangladesh man’
- Seconds before being stabbed, Indian techie called husband to say she was being followed
- Land acquisition debate: ‘They gave us a window, then went back to 1894’
- Beef ban may spell doom for Dharavi leather trade
Sukhvinder Singh, 55, a resident of BRS Nagar and an employee of BSNL, committed suicide on Friday. Missing for two days, his body was recovered from Sidhwan Canal Issewal Bridge.
In the suicide note recovered from his home, he has blamed Arvinder Singh, his son's father-in-law, for the step. As per the suicide note, Arvinder used to issue threats to the victim due to a dispute. ASI Satvinder Singh from Sarabha Nagar police station said a case of abetment to suicide had been registered against Arvinder under Section 306 of the IPC.
In the other case, a police constable died under mysterious circumstances at his home at Beela village of Dehlon on Thursday night. The police claimed that he had consumed some poisonous substance by mistake that proved fatal. According to the police, it was an accident.
The deceased has been identified as Raghubir Singh, 28. He was deputed at Basant Avenue police post.
According to Inspector Inderjit Singh, SHO at Dehlon police station, said the constable had stomach ache. On Thursday night, he consumed poison taking it as a medicine and died.