BSP leader's killers said they had come to rent premises for wedding
- Purnia rally: Modi takes a dig at Nitish, says his PM dream was reason for break up of alliance
- Still no sign of Malaysia Airlines jet lost in "unprecedented mystery"
- DMK denies ticket to Alagiri; Raja, Maran get renomination
- Coal scam: SC directs CBI to file five charge sheets by Mar 28
- Raj Thackeray warms up to Narendra Modi, lets Sena feel the heat
Deepak Bhardwaj's farmhouse in Rajokri on NH-8 has three motels and three party lawns, besides his office and residence.
Around 8.55 am on Tuesday, a dark grey Skoda Octavia pulled up at gate number 2 of Nitesh Kunj Green Villa, a 35-acre compound at the 22nd milestone on National Highway 8, containing three motels and three party lawns, besides the office and residence of Deepak Bhardwaj.
Two men in the rear seat — one wearing a blue T-shirt and grey pants, the other in a grey T-shirt and green pants — showed their IDs to Vinod Sharma and Braj Kishore Singh, the two private security guards at the gate, and were waved in.
"They told the guards that they had come for booking the place for a marriage because such functions take place there. We have collected the CCTV footage of the car in which the attackers came," Delhi Police Commissioner Neeraj Kumar said.
The car had tinted windows. Its registration number — DL 3C A 7062 — was later found to be fake, belonging to a woman in Trilokpuri.
Once inside the gate, the car drove 200 metres up to Bhardwaj's residence, made a U-turn, and stopped facing the exit, indicating possibly that the assailants were preparing to make a quick getaway. The men in the rear seat got off and appeared to look around, asking questions about the property to members of the staff. The driver remained inside.
At that moment, sources said, Bhardwaj, who was out for a walk on the grounds, showed up. The men opened a conversation with him, which rapidly turned into an argument. As one of the men shot Bhardwaj in the chest, he staggered and tried to run, but was shot again at close range, this time in the temple. As Bhardwaj fell, the driver took off in the car with the two men running behind.
- Bengal model better than Modi’s Gujarat, says Didi
- Sindhis threaten to move HC if Sindhu Sagar not cleaned
- Three RTI activists whom Kejriwal paid homage are alive
- Poojary wins Mangalore primary
- Short change: Health cover for girl child at 50% discount
- Run with the bulls, don’t lose out to foreign investors again
- AAP workers stage protest outside Kejriwal’s residence over ticket distribution
- BJP boycotts NDTV over news gaffe | The Indian Express
- Out of the promised 50,000 homes for the poor, not even 50 constructed in Gujarat by BJP: Kejriwal
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress