BSP man surrenders in rape case
- Rahul mocks Modi, says his Gujarat development model is a toffee model
- Under fire over Baru's revelation, Congress retorts by calling 'Vajpayee the weakest PM India ever had'
- Narendra Modi, party not separate, no infighting: BJP on Joshi's remarks
- BJP dancing to the tune of RSS; Lok Sabha elections battle between two completely different ideologies, says Sonia Gandhi
- Elections 2014 Live: Advani hits out at Nitish Kumar, says he will be doomed for deserting NDA
Banda again Minor girl had accused BSP leader of forcible confinement, repeated assaults
A Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader in Banda district accused in the abduction and rape of a minor girl has surrendered before a court and has been sent to judicial custody.
According to case details, the girl, a resident of Atarra, was abducted on April 10, but the police lodged a case of abduction on May 25 only after the minor escaped from the clutches of the accused BSP leader, Rajesh Giri, the zonal coordinator of Gosain Bhaichara Samiti of BSP.
The abduction case was later turned into that of rape after the girl gave her statement before a court in Banda on May 31, accusing Giri of abducting and raping her for over a month.
Giri was not arrested even after the girl's statement. He surrendered before the court on Thursday, from where he was sent to judicial custody on charges of abducting the girl and raping her.
When asked about police inaction, Chitrakoot Dham Range DIG SK Mathur and Banda Superintendent of Police (SP) R K Srivastava feigned ignorance about any such rape case on Saturday.
The Station Officer (SO) of the concerned Atarra police station, Ghanshyam Pandey, told The Sunday Express on Saturday that the 16-year-old victim, who was allegedly abducted on April 10 and escaped from the accused on May 27, got her statement recorded before the court under Section 164 of CrPC on May 31, accusing Giri of abducting and raping her at a friend's house in Etawah district for over one-and-a-half months.
When asked, district BSP president Shiv Dayal Ratnakar said, "Rajesh Giri is the zonal coordinator of the party's Gosain Bhaichara Samiti and we have come to know about the allegation of rape against him. We have conveyed the information to senior party leaders to initiate action against him."
- Security men at every step, Shinde keeps ‘safe distance’ from voters, debunks charges
- In Beed, Modi factor dents Munde’s goodwill among Muslims
- Ambareesh campaigns for Nilekani
- Raids on Bellary moneylender yield Rs 8.74 crore cash
- MP faces Amreli villagers’ ire in campaign
- JERC approves sale of solar power at Rs 1.13 per unit