BSP meets Patil over facilities in ward 23
- Patel row: Army conducts flag march to restore peace; seven dead in violence
- I know the exact cause of Sheena's murder: Indrani's son Mikhail Bora
- 26/11 Mumbai attack: Pakistan FIA did not probe role of Hafiz Saeed and David Headley
- Two US television journalists shot dead during live show; gunman dies in hospital
- OROP: Ex-servicemen say govt short changing them, dismiss its proposal
Members of the Bahujan Samaj Party handed over a memorandum to Punjab Governor and UT Administrator Shivraj Patil demanding improvement in the basic facilities at ward 23, which comprises of Ram Darbar and Hallomajra.
The BSP leaders had earlier also met Patil with similar demands.
Led by BSP General Secretary and MP Narendra Kumar Kashyap, the members of the party demanded immediate action.
Kashyap said that the councilor of ward 23, Jannat Jahan ul Haq, had met the
Administrator and asked him to intervene so that her demands for the pending works of her ward and other major issues relating to backward classes in city, should be met immediately.
However, the proposals have not been implemented.
BSP convenor Hafiz Anwar ul Haq said there is a need for betterment of basic amenities in Hallomajra and other areas of her ward, where the people are deprived even of the basic amenities like water, electricity, street lights, cleanliness and health.