BSP meets Patil over facilities in ward 23
- FIR against Giriraj Singh for Modi-Pak remark, BJP pulls him up
- Modi attacks Gandhis again, wonders how Rahul can lead country when he can't handle Amethi
- Malaysian Airlines flight to Bangalore makes air turnback, lands safely
- Vote for BSP to keep fascist forces, dynasty rule at bay: Mayawati to Muslims
- IPL 7: Maxwell, Miller lead KXIP to stunning win
Members of the Bahujan Samaj Party handed over a memorandum to Punjab Governor and UT Administrator Shivraj Patil demanding improvement in the basic facilities at ward 23, which comprises of Ram Darbar and Hallomajra.
The BSP leaders had earlier also met Patil with similar demands.
Led by BSP General Secretary and MP Narendra Kumar Kashyap, the members of the party demanded immediate action.
Kashyap said that the councilor of ward 23, Jannat Jahan ul Haq, had met the
Administrator and asked him to intervene so that her demands for the pending works of her ward and other major issues relating to backward classes in city, should be met immediately.
However, the proposals have not been implemented.
BSP convenor Hafiz Anwar ul Haq said there is a need for betterment of basic amenities in Hallomajra and other areas of her ward, where the people are deprived even of the basic amenities like water, electricity, street lights, cleanliness and health.
- Arrests in priest murder case divide Catholic Church
- Short Change: EPFO to allot permanent account number to active subscribers by Oct 15
- India Inc profit set to grow, but margins under pressure
- Mulayam: Will amend Constitution for Muslim quota
- ‘Start political revolution by defeating Rahul, Modi’
- Count of Monte Carlo: Wawrinka tames master, becomes one