BSP MLAís son, nephew booked for rape
- Election LIVE: Will Kejriwal take on Modi? Announcement likely at Bangalore rally today
- Missing flight MH370: Pilot suicide a taboo topic in past crash probes
- Aam Aadmi Party fundraiser collects Rs 50 lakh, Arvind Kejriwal quizzed about attack on media
- The trophy state: Behind Mizoram's clean sweep lies an extraordinary league
- Manish Tewari unlikely to contest Lok Sabha polls
Police have booked the son and nephew of the sitting BSP MLA from Meerapur constituency of Muzaffarnagar district for allegedly gang-raping a 19-year-old girl.
The FIR was lodged at Purchhapar police station late Friday night. Purchhapar station officer Sanjay Garg said the FIR had been lodged on the complaint of the girl, a resident of Basera village, against MLA Jameel Ahmed's son Naeem (27), nephew Noman (27) and an unidentified person under IPC 376 (rape), 363 (kidnapping) and 506(criminal intimidation).
Garg said the girl had alleged that she was known to Naeem and he had promised to provide her a government job. The girl alleged that Naeem called her on Wednesday to meet him at the bus stop near her village. When she reached there, the accused persons forced her inside their car and took her to a secluded place in Kakrauli police station area where they gang-raped her.
However, the MLA termed the allegations against his son and nephew as a "political conspiracy by his opponents". But he declined to name those who were allegedly conspiring against him. Ahmed said the allegations were baseless and had no substance. He said an independent inquiry will bring out the truth.
Additional SP, Muzaffarnagar, Raj Kamal Yadav said the medical examination of the girl had been conducted and its report was awaited. He said no arrest has been made yet and the police will proceed further after examining the the girl's medical examination report.