BSP MLA's son teen gangrape case; victim turns hostile in court
- MiG-27 crashes in Jodhpur; pilots safe, two houses damaged
- Worst in US history: How the Orlando shooting unfolded
- Firm Amitabh Bachchan denied link to acquired ship from his brother
- Delhi: Two killed as speeding car rams into pedestrians in Janakpuri
- Kairana migration: UP govt should take responsibility, says Kiren Rijiju
In a twist to the gangrape case involving a sitting BSP MLA's son and two other youths, the 17-year-old victim turned hostile in a court here.
Police said the rape victim was produced in a ACJM court on Monday for her statement, after a medical examination. The girl turned hostile and denied that any such incident had taken place.
The FIR, based on the complaint of the victim, was lodged against Naeem, son of BSP MLA Maulana Jameel Ahmad, Nauman, brother-in-law of the MLA and an unidentified person.
According to the FIR, the girl was recently abducted by the trio from Basaira village and was taken to a nearby jungle where they gangraped her.
- Analysts have made too much of a deal of the GDP growth in the fourth quarter
- The fight against malnutrition depends on more than economic growth
- Why India is one of the most harrowing places in the world to be a pedestrian
- Laws that accord secondary status to women need to be reformed
- I found the purpose that keeps me on my toes when I first walked into a boxing gym
- It's good that Rajan has cleared some of the mist and myth surrounding the GDP numbers