BSP MLA's son teen gangrape case; victim turns hostile in court
- Delhi High Court raps MCD for strike, says common people are suffering
- Delhi air will never be safe because of its geographical disadvantage: Panel tells High Court
- Tanzanian student targeted because she was black, says envoy
- Supreme Court tells BCCI: Fall in line, Lodha panel report deserves respect
- Adarsh scam: CBI gets Maha Governor's nod to prosecute Ashok Chavan
In a twist to the gangrape case involving a sitting BSP MLA's son and two other youths, the 17-year-old victim turned hostile in a court here.
Police said the rape victim was produced in a ACJM court on Monday for her statement, after a medical examination. The girl turned hostile and denied that any such incident had taken place.
The FIR, based on the complaint of the victim, was lodged against Naeem, son of BSP MLA Maulana Jameel Ahmad, Nauman, brother-in-law of the MLA and an unidentified person.
According to the FIR, the girl was recently abducted by the trio from Basaira village and was taken to a nearby jungle where they gangraped her.
- Modi’s Idea of India - 2
- Rohith’s despair speaks of the collective failure of the teaching community
- Mehbooba Mufti has held out CBMs for the BJP-PDP coalition
- What if we cannot poke a little innocent fun at one another
- Outcome on Section 377 will depend on composition of the Constitution bench
- Inadequate staff, payment delays undermine MGNREGA in drought-hit Mahabubnagar