BSP MLA's son teen gangrape case; victim turns hostile in court
- Elections 2014 LIVE: Polling stopped in Pune booth due to faulty EVMs
- âWonât be vindictive... will ask Supreme Court to clear MP, MLA cases in a yearâ
- Alagiri backs âgreat manâ Modi as PM
- Plea to vote for âsecular partyâ splits Bollywood
- âWe gave instant justice, todayâs youth canât stand up for their mothersâ
In a twist to the gangrape case involving a sitting BSP MLA's son and two other youths, the 17-year-old victim turned hostile in a court here.
Police said the rape victim was produced in a ACJM court on Monday for her statement, after a medical examination. The girl turned hostile and denied that any such incident had taken place.
The FIR, based on the complaint of the victim, was lodged against Naeem, son of BSP MLA Maulana Jameel Ahmad, Nauman, brother-in-law of the MLA and an unidentified person.
According to the FIR, the girl was recently abducted by the trio from Basaira village and was taken to a nearby jungle where they gangraped her.
Police had registered a case against the trio under Sections 376 (rape), 363 (kidnapping) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.
- Activist, her aide booked for cheating in attempt to frame acquitted murder accused
- Extended Monorail running hours fails to pull crowd
- HC orders action against Essel World for causing harm to mangroves
- Cops crack bar girl’s murder case after waiter’s tip-off
- Railway to provide plastic pouches for commuter IDs
- Last safety check for Metro to begin April 18