BSP MLA's son teen gangrape case; victim turns hostile in court
- Malaysia Airlines plane may have turned back before vanishing, says Air force chief
- BJP complains to EC against Rahul over RSS remarks, seeks derecognition of Congress
- Varanasi seat row: RSS worried but believes BJP will solve it
- Subrata Roy arrest row: The not-so-beautiful story
- Vajpayee wanted Modi to quit over Gujarat riots, but party said no: Venkaiah Naidu
In a twist to the gangrape case involving a sitting BSP MLA's son and two other youths, the 17-year-old victim turned hostile in a court here.
Police said the rape victim was produced in a ACJM court on Monday for her statement, after a medical examination. The girl turned hostile and denied that any such incident had taken place.
The FIR, based on the complaint of the victim, was lodged against Naeem, son of BSP MLA Maulana Jameel Ahmad, Nauman, brother-in-law of the MLA and an unidentified person.
According to the FIR, the girl was recently abducted by the trio from Basaira village and was taken to a nearby jungle where they gangraped her.
Police had registered a case against the trio under Sections 376 (rape), 363 (kidnapping) and 506 (criminal intimidation) of the IPC.