BSP MP booked for murder
- David Headley connects the dots: Hafiz Saeed, ISI, failed Mumbai attacks
- David Headley: Travelled to India 8 times, changed name for passport
- Rs 1.14 lakh crore of bad debts: The great government bank write-off
- Caste came up in 3 suicide probes at Hyderabad University
- Uttar Pradesh has been turned into 'Islamic state': Sena mouthpiece on Ghulam Ali concert
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Friday registered an FIR against BSP MP Dhananjay Singh for a murder which took place in Baksha locality on Thursday evening. Anil Mishra, a farmer, was shot dead while on way to his home at Pura Hemu village.
His nephew Abhishek Mishra accused the MP and one Tulsa Devi of Behta village of conspiring in the murder of his uncle.
Tulsa Devi is wife of former village pradhan Angad Singh, who was shot dead in May last year.
Six persons, including Anil Mishra, were then arrested. Mishra had recently got bail.
The police said Angad Singh was close to MP Dhananjay Singh. Tulsa Devi is Block Development Committee member of the Baksha block.
Abhishek Mishra stated in the FIR that on Thursday afternoon two persons, who he identified as Vivek Singh and Babloo, visited his house at Belhata village, seeking a room on rent. Both came on a motorcycle.
Anil took them to Baksha locality to show them a room. Anil went on his motorcycle, while Abhishek Mishra went on another motorcycle.
Abhishek said after showing the room, when Anil was returning home, the two men fired at him from behind, killing him on the spot.
- We have turned our back to the intense food and drinking water distress
- Strategies anchored in incubators fail to foster entrepreneurship
- Existing regime of film censorship is unconstitutional
- Section 377: A right to love
- PM Oli has been lucky, but his political survival looks uncertain
- Across the aisle- MGNREGA: Making a meal of words