BSP MP booked for murder
- Parliament LIVE: Jaitley has promised concrete proposals on GST, says Chidambaram
- Kashmir violence -- Omar Abdullah interview: 'It has been building up to this'
- Baton Rouge shootings: Three officers killed, suspect dead
- Grading writers, artistes is new brainwave of Culture Ministry
- Reforms not because of Cong, in spite of it... credit goes to Rao-Singh: Arun Jaitley
The Uttar Pradesh Police on Friday registered an FIR against BSP MP Dhananjay Singh for a murder which took place in Baksha locality on Thursday evening. Anil Mishra, a farmer, was shot dead while on way to his home at Pura Hemu village.
His nephew Abhishek Mishra accused the MP and one Tulsa Devi of Behta village of conspiring in the murder of his uncle.
Tulsa Devi is wife of former village pradhan Angad Singh, who was shot dead in May last year.
Six persons, including Anil Mishra, were then arrested. Mishra had recently got bail.
The police said Angad Singh was close to MP Dhananjay Singh. Tulsa Devi is Block Development Committee member of the Baksha block.
Abhishek Mishra stated in the FIR that on Thursday afternoon two persons, who he identified as Vivek Singh and Babloo, visited his house at Belhata village, seeking a room on rent. Both came on a motorcycle.
Anil took them to Baksha locality to show them a room. Anil went on his motorcycle, while Abhishek Mishra went on another motorcycle.
Abhishek said after showing the room, when Anil was returning home, the two men fired at him from behind, killing him on the spot.
- Congress opposition to GST does no credit to a party that opened up the economy 25 years ago
- Kashmir poses not just moral but also existential questions involving statecraft
- New FDI policy in food products is unlikely to be a game-changer by itself
- Swathi murder case in Chennai must trigger a move to enact strong witness protection laws
- A new government in Nepal does not hold out any promise of greater stability
- Kashmir is more than land, it is people