Buddha lashes out at TMC again
- Haji Ali dargah will have to open doors for women after Bombay HC ruling
- My vision for India is rapid transformation, not gradual evolution: PM Modi
- Panel works on alternative to pellets: Balls of pepper, capsicum gas
- Scorpene leak: Firms to be blacklisted only in cases of clear criminality, says Parrikar
- Sheena Bora murder: Taped conversations emerging on media submitted in court, says CBI
The CPM lashed out at the Trinamool Congress at a meeting in Rajarhat today.
Politburo member and former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said, "We will not give in to the Trinamool's attacks. If they attack, we will reply to them. We will see whether their tyranny wins or people's strength," he said.
Referring to the violence involving ex-MLA and TMC leader Arabul Islam, he said, "I don't know who the Mahapurush is. But the TMC is encouraging this hooliganism with a purpose. They need these anti-social elements in the coming panchayat polls because in a fair election process, they know they will lose badly."
He said Nandigram was supposed to be a second Haldia but industrialists had lost interest in the state. Development had come to a halt at places like Haldia and Rajarhat, he added.
- Pakistan army has a battle to win: The corruption within
- Anger of Irom Sharmila’s supporters should not be dismissed as selfishness or cynicism
- You keep the cow’s tail: A post card from Una, Gujarat, August 15
- History shows why Balochistan is not an internal matter of Pakistan
- The use of technology will be key to making GST a success
- Sedition law cannot be used against honest views, expressed peacefully