Buddha lashes out at TMC again
- Supreme Court strikes down Section 66A, says it violates right to speech
- Pakistan Day: PM greets, MoS VK Singh tweets #disgust
- DK Ravi's death: Govt calls in CBI, tells court he had a ‘relationship’ with batchmate
- Mufti Mohammad Sayeed says will take Army into confidence on AFSPA
- 1987 Hashimpura massacre: The photographs that stand witness
The CPM lashed out at the Trinamool Congress at a meeting in Rajarhat today.
Politburo member and former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said, "We will not give in to the Trinamool's attacks. If they attack, we will reply to them. We will see whether their tyranny wins or people's strength," he said.
Referring to the violence involving ex-MLA and TMC leader Arabul Islam, he said, "I don't know who the Mahapurush is. But the TMC is encouraging this hooliganism with a purpose. They need these anti-social elements in the coming panchayat polls because in a fair election process, they know they will lose badly."
He said Nandigram was supposed to be a second Haldia but industrialists had lost interest in the state. Development had come to a halt at places like Haldia and Rajarhat, he added.
CPM leader Gautam Deb said the Trinamool needed to be warned in the forthcoming panchayat election.