Buddha lashes out at TMC again
- Telangana LIVE: Bill passed by throwing all norms to the wind, says Kiran Kumar Reddy after quitting Congress
- Protests in RS over Telangana, papers snatched from Secretary General
- Rajiv Gandhi killers to be released, Jayalalithaa takes decision at Tamil Nadu Cabinet meet
- Decision to black out Telangana proceedings taken by Lok Sabha secretariat, confirms Kamal Nath
- Express 5: AAP kickstarts its poll funding drive and Telangana Bill passed in Lok Sabha
The CPM lashed out at the Trinamool Congress at a meeting in Rajarhat today.
Politburo member and former chief minister Buddhadeb Bhattacharjee said, "We will not give in to the Trinamool's attacks. If they attack, we will reply to them. We will see whether their tyranny wins or people's strength," he said.
Referring to the violence involving ex-MLA and TMC leader Arabul Islam, he said, "I don't know who the Mahapurush is. But the TMC is encouraging this hooliganism with a purpose. They need these anti-social elements in the coming panchayat polls because in a fair election process, they know they will lose badly."
He said Nandigram was supposed to be a second Haldia but industrialists had lost interest in the state. Development had come to a halt at places like Haldia and Rajarhat, he added.
CPM leader Gautam Deb said the Trinamool needed to be warned in the forthcoming panchayat election.