Budget session from March 8
- BREAKING: Another mishap on Navy submarine; smoke on board INS Sindhuratna, 7 sailors injured
- 9 ordinances, 4 for Rahul: UPA planning emergency laws days before polls are announced
- Willing to say sorry for any mistake, Rajnath Singh tells Muslims
- Top IM men have joined al-Qaeda, fighting in Af-Pak: NIA chargesheet
- 90,000 per seat: Young India could swing Elections 2014
Kolkata:The budget session of West Bengal Legislative Assembly will begin from March 8, Parliamentary Affairs Minister Partha Chatterjee said here on Thursday. "Notification in this regard has already been issued after it received approval from Governor M K Narayanan," Chatterjee said.
Landmines recovered from Jhargram
Jhargram:The Joint Forces on Thursday recovered two landmines from Nayagram area of West Midnapore district. The forces were conducting searches in the area when they recovered the landmines from Tapovan jungle, Superintendent of Police of Jhargram Bharati Ghosh said. Police suspect that the landmines were kept by the Maoists for carrying out subversive activity. Both the landmines were later defused by the bomb disposal squad, Ghosh added.
2 killed, 5 injured in tanker-van collision
Purulia:Two persons were killed and five others injured when a pick-up van collided with an oil tanker in Purulia district this afternoon. The pick-up van collided head-on with the tanker in front of Purulia Sainik School.
Muslims protest against Bangla govt
Kolkata:Muslim organisations held a demonstration to protest "anti-Islamic activities" in Bangladesh. Their initial plan to gherao Bangladesh High Commission was scrapped apprehending violence. Police had taken several measures to prevent any untoward incident.