Budget Session of Parliament from February 21
- Rajnath Singh does a Sonia Gandhi, meets top Shia clerics in Lucknow
- Gandhi vs Gandhi: Priyanka slams Varun, says LS poll not a family tea party
- Supreme Court grants recognition to transgenders as third category of sex
- SC rejects Kejriwal's plea to stay trial in defamation case filed by Kapil Sibal's son
- Modi equates Rahul with kids, says âtoffeeâ has caught his fancy after âballoonâ
Budget Session of Parliament will begin on February 21 with President Pranab Mukherjee's first address to the joint sitting of the Lok Sabha and the Rajya Sabha.
Finance Minister P Chidambaram is scheduled to present the General Budget on February 28.
"The 13th Session of the 15th Lok Sabha and 228th Session of Rajya Sabha will commence on Thursday, the 21st February, 2013," a Parliament Secretariat statement said.
The over seven-week Session will have a month-long break from March 22 to April 22 and will conclude on May 10.
The President will address both the Houses of Parliament in the Central Hall on February 21.
The Railway Budget will be presented on February 26 and the Economic Survey will be tabled the next day.
- Modi wave is a myth, says Siddaramaiah
- In Mandya, discordant notes in show of Cong unity
- ‘Fakir’ Jankar takes on Pawar might in battle against ‘dynasty’
- Ballot paper in Braille to help blind persons cast their vote
- AAP volunteer attacked
- 64-year-old fights for Punjabi language, gets little support from political parties