Builder nabbed for attack on AMC opposition leader
- Finally, the axe falls: AAP expels Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav and 2 others for ‘anti-party’ activities
- SC refuses to dismiss National Green Tribunal's ban on 15-year-old vehicles in Delhi
- In House, land line gives Congress a Rahul recharge
- Two ‘Pak’ boats with heroin seized near Gujarat, 8 held
- Venkaiah Naidu is Narendra Modi govt’s defence against Rahul Gandhi
The Ahmedabad rural police on Thursday caught Mohammad Hanif Gotilal, the builder who is said to have assaulted Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation's opposition leader Badruddin Sheikh on Sunday night over a parking dispute.
Local Crime Branch officials said Gotilal was caught from Dholka where he was hiding since Sunday. He was handed over to the Aslali police where an FIR has been lodged. Gotilal was produced before a local court and was sent to two-day police remand.
On Monday, the police had caught Gotilal's son Shoeb alias Sajju from Amirgadh in Banaskantha district.
"The attack happened over parking issue and it has nothing to do politics. Gotilal told us that he did not recognise Sheikh and never had any issue with him," said Aslali police station in-charge D L Dodia who is investigating the case.